Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
Through the Coronavirus Relief Fund, the City of Yorba Linda received grant funding to supplement necessary expenditures related to the food distribution to senior citizens and other vulnerable residents. The objective of this program is to utilize qualified Yorba Linda restaurants to serve pre-prepared fresh boxed meals to residents during the City of Yorba Linda’s two food distribution programs at the Community Center; Senior Congregate Meals distribution (Monday mid-morning) and the Grocery Program distribution (Thursday mornings).
Yorba Linda based restaurants are required to complete the application section, agree to the terms of the program, and identify the meal(s) they will serve to the community at a fixed price listed by the business.
• Yorba Linda restaurants must be able to physically attend and have staffing to distribute 100-140 freshly boxed meals one of two days/times starting August 10, 2020 through December 2020. Times of distributions are subject to change.
o Thursday- 7:45am-8:45am
• The number of meals prepared will be invoiced to the City, in which the business will be compensated for at the end of their distribution period. The City will pay the business based on the number of meals prepared/ordered. (Ex. 105 meals @ $10 =$1,050).
• Must be able to prepare a freshly boxed meal option(s) at a fixed rate of less than $20 (price shall only include cost of meal and tax, no gratuity or other service fees). The price of the meal option(s) should be consistent with the business’ regular menu prices.
o Meals should include main course and any additional side dishes/items (chips, fruit, etc.). Meals can include breakfast, lunch, or dinner options. Please take into consideration dietary needs.
• Multiple businesses may be selected to serve on any given day, and businesses may be scheduled multiple days to provide necessary distribution of food to residents.
• Yorba Linda based restaurants are required to complete a short application, agree to the terms, waiver, and requirements of the program.
• Businesses meeting the requirements of this program will be notified and scheduled to attend a distribution day. Upon acceptance into the program, one week prior to the businesses’ distribution day, City staff will provide instructions to the business indicating the number of meals to prepare for.
• Business must be a for profit Yorba Linda restaurant, within city limits.
• Business must be physically located in a commercial, office or industrial space.
• Business must have a current City business license and be in good standing with the City.
• Must have a valid and updated Orange County Health Care Agency Permit, and in good standing, and must be able to meet all Orange County Health Care Agency requirements for serving meals at offsite locations.
• If the business wishes to have different meal options available on different distribution days, those meals options can be listed in the application under alternative meals section.
For more information or questions regarding the program or the application process, please email Jthomas@yorbalindaca.gov or call our Parks and Recreation Department at 714-961-7160.
Describe/list all the details of the meal that will be prepared and served (ex. hamburger, french fries, coleslaw, and a water). Note, the cost of Meal is not to exceed $20 and should include tax. Additional charges such as gratuity and service fees shall not be included.
I/We bear full responsibility for any and all tax consequences of receiving grant funds including, but not limited to, issuance of a 1099 by the City. There is no agency, employment, joint venture or other such relationship created by virtue of award of the grant. The City does not endorse the specific business. Applicant shall defend and indemnify the City and its employees from and against any claim, injury, liability, loss, cost and/or expense or damage including all costs and reasonable attorney’s fees, arising from or alleged to arise from the activity or event.
Prior to commencement of the services, Applicant shall provide proof of Commercial General Liability insurance and Automobile Liability insurance in the amount of $1,000,000. The City, its officials, officers, employees, agents and volunteers shall be additional insured with regard to liability and defense of suits or claims arising out of the performance of the program. If Applicant is an employer or otherwise hires one or more employees, Applicant shall also provide proof of workers’ compensation coverage as required by the State of California.
This field is not part of the form submission.
* indicates a required field