How do I document an “Unreasonable Hardship to Disabled Access Requirements”?

In general, all construction projects must comply with the accessibility standards contained within Title-24 of the California Code of Regulations.  These standards can be found in Chapter 11A (privately funded housing) and Chapter 11B (publicly funded housing and non-residential projects) of the California Building Code.  In some cases, full compliance with these standards may not be necessary for projects which alter existing buildings due to an unreasonable hardship.  Instead, partial compliance may be allowed in public use areas pursuant to Chapter 11B.  To facilitate documentation of an “Unreasonable Hardship”, please submit the following application for unreasonable hardship over the valuation threshold. And the following application for unreasonable hardship under the valuation threshold. Either should be completed and submitted to your plan checker.

Show All Answers

1. Can I obtain permit application forms online?
2. Can I pull my permit myself as an owner/builder or do I need a contractor?
3. Is an owner/builder permit more expensive than if a contractor pulls it?
4. How many sets of plans do I need to apply for a building permit?
5. Can you tell me where my property lines are?
6. What is a plot plan, and can I prepare my own plot plan?
7. What codes does the City of Yorba Linda use?
8. Does Yorba Linda have any special policies or procedures?
9. Are there any referenced codes or standards that I will need to follow?
10. Can I get my plans checked over the counter?
11. How long will it take to get through plan check?
12. Can you email me my corrections, or do I need to pick them up?
13. Does the City of Yorba Linda have a basic plan check correction template that I can use to make sure I don’t forget anything important while I design my project?
14. Does the City of Yorba Linda have any standard construction details or other handouts that may assist me in preparing plans for my construction project?
15. Does the City of Yorba Linda have any special plan submittal requirements that I need to follow before my plan can be approved?
16. How do I comply with the city’s construction and demolition debris recycling regulations?
17. Are there any special requirements related to swimming pools?
18. Does Yorba Linda have an expedited permit process for solar photovoltaic systems?
19. If I construct an addition, will I need to install fire sprinklers in my entire home?
20. How can I tell if my property is located in a Very High Fire Hazard Severity Zone?
21. What is methane testing or review?
22. Who regulates construction projects that may involve asbestos?
23. How do I document an “Unreasonable Hardship to Disabled Access Requirements”?
24. What type of contractor’s license is required for each type of work?