The following is a recap from the City Council meeting on Tuesday, January 17, 2023. The Yorba Linda City Council:
- Received the 11th Meu Adoption Committee’s introduction of Colonel Thomas Siverts.
- Received the Law Enforcement Services update by Chief of Police Services Captain Joses Walehwa.
- Authorized the City Clerk to release 75 percent of the On-site Private Improvement bond.
- Approved and executed the Water Quality Management Plan and Stormwater Best Management Practice (BMP) Maintenance and Right of Way Agreement for the proposed Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints Temple (APN #334-212-04).
- Adopted the proposed Resolution No. 2023-5836, authorizing the annexation of Tract No. 17341 (Cielo Vista Development) into the Landscape Maintenance Assessment District (LMAD) and initiating proceedings to levy a proposed new or increased assessment for the Annexation Territory of Tract 17341, known as the Cielo Vista Development within the Arterial Lighting Zone, Arterial Landscaping Zone A-3, Traffic Signal Zone TS-2, and Local Landscaping Zone L-2K within the Yorba Linda Street Lighting and LMAD, commencing Fiscal Year 2022/2023.
- The Council adopted the proposed Resolution No. 2023-5837, approving the Annexation Engineer’s Report regarding the proposed new or increased assessment for the Annexation Territory of Tract 17341, known as the Cielo Vista Development within the Arterial Lighting Zone, Arterial Landscaping Zone A-3, Traffic Signal Zone TS-2, and Local Landscaping Zone L-2K within the Yorba Linda Street Lighting and LMAD for Fiscal Year 2022/2023.
- The Council also adopted the proposed Resolution No. 2023-5838, declaring its intention to ballot property owners for a proposed new or increased assessment within the Annexation Territory of Tract 17341, known as the Cielo Vista Development within the Arterial Lighting Zone, Arterial Landscaping Zone A-3, Traffic Signal Zone TS-2, and Local Landscaping Zone L-2K of the Yorba Linda Street Lighting and LMAD commencing with Fiscal Year 2022/2023, setting a time and place for a Public Hearing, and authorizing staff to proceed with the balloting procedures.
- Approved the Award of a Contract Services Agreement to Merchants Landscape Services, Inc., in the amount of $112,775.52 for the Village Center Drive Restoration Project (Zone L-2B).
- The Council authorized the City Manager to approve additional expenditures up to $16,916.33 (15% of the agreement value) in contract contingencies for potential additional services and unanticipated work that may arise, for a total potential agreement amount not-to-exceed $129,691.85.
- The Council found that the Village Center Drive Restoration Project is categorically exempt from the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA), Class 1, pursuant to CEQA Guidelines, Section 15301.
- The Council also authorized the City Manager to sign and execute the contract services agreement and potential future amendments to the agreement within the designated contingency amount, on behalf of the City Council.
- Approved the demolition permit request for 17846 Anna Marie Road.
- Adopted Ordinance No. 2022-1105 as required by state law for expediting permit applications for Electric Vehicle Charging Stations for residential and commercial applications.
- Denied the claims for damages by Arthur Boing and Kyle Wong.
- Received and filed the list of line-item budget transfers and supplemental budget appropriations for the first quarter of FY 2022/23 (Attachment 1), as required by City Council Policy F-4 – Supplemental Budget and Line-Item Transfers.
- Supported the Miss Yorba Linda Scholarship Program Request for $2,000.
The meeting adjourned at 7:55 p.m. to the next regular meeting of the City Council/Successor Agency to the Yorba Linda Redevelopment Agency joint meeting at 6:30 p.m.
NOTE: Council Recaps briefly summarize and highlight topics from the City Council Meeting agenda. This recap is provided by City staff as a public service and is not an official record of Council action. The official record of approved minutes from the January 17, 2023 meeting will be approved at the February 7, 2023 meeting and will be available for viewing thereafter.
- View the entire January 17, 2023 Agenda
- Approved meeting minutes can be accessed on the Agendas and Minutes page once available.
Regular City Council meetings take place on the first and third Tuesday of the month.
The next regular meeting will be held on Tuesday, February 7, 2023 at 6:30 p.m. in Council Chambers at City Hall.