The following is a recap of the City Council meeting on Tuesday, November 15, 2022. The Yorba Linda City Council:
- Recognized Edie Israel, 2022 Citizen of the Year.
- Recognized Yorba Linda Arts Alliance Foundation.
- Recognized Dr. Gregg Denicola.
- Received Law Enforcement Services Update by Chief of Police Services Captain Joses Walehwa.
- Received introduction of new staff member, Josue Barreiro Mendoza, Recreation Coordinator for Adventure Playground.
- Received and filed the Annual Report on Local Park Development Impact Fees (Mitigation Fee Act) for the period ending June 30, 2022.
- Received and filed the annual report of Master Plan of Drainage Development Impact Fees for the fiscal year ended June 30, 2022, as required by the Mitigation Fee Act.
- Received and filed the annual report of Traffic Development Impact Fees for the fiscal year ended June 30, 2022, as required by the Mitigation Fee Act.
- Authorized the City Manager to sign the Cooperative Agreement between the City of Yorba Linda and the City of Placentia for cost share, funding, and development of the Yorba Linda – Placentia Multi-Agency Active Transportation Plan Project (TC221001).
- Introduced for the first reading Ordinance Numbers. 2022-1094, 2022-1095, 2022-1096, 2022-1097, 2022-1098, 2022-1099, 2022-1100, 2022-1101, 2022-1102, 2022-1103,
2022-1104 and set a public hearing for the City Council meeting of December 6, 2022, for final adoption and finding that the approval is exempt from CEQA under the “commonsense”
exemption set forth in CEQA Guidelines section 15061(b)(3). This introduction is in accordance with California Government Code Title 5, Division 1, Part 1, as published by the Building Standards Bulletin 22-01 and adopted Resolution No. 2022-5828, setting forth findings relative to local climatic, geographical and topographical conditions and repealed Resolution No. 2019-5642.
Directed staff to advertise and recruit for vacancies on City Commissions.
Received and filed the Library and Cultural Arts Center Furniture, Fixture and Equipment Closeout report.
Approved Final Tract Map No. 18123 and authorized the City Clerk to certify the record map upon completion of any technical corrections required by the City Engineer.
Approved a budget appropriation in the amount of $68,268.24 from the General Fund reserves (101) for reimbursement to the Zelman Development Company under the terms
of the Subdivision Improvement Agreement and authorized termination of the Subdivision Improvement Agreement.
Denied the claims for damages by Michael Maksimos, Helen Ohirko, and Don Zeng.
Adopted Resolution No. 2022-5829 approving, authorizing and directing City execution of the Joint Exercise of Powers Agreement relating to membership in the Orange County
Housing Finance Trust and authorized the Mayor to execute the Orange County Housing Finance Trust Joint Powers Authority (JPA) Agreement.
The meeting adjourned at 7:34 p.m. to the next regular meeting of the City Council/Successor
Agency to the Yorba Linda Redevelopment Agency joint meeting on December 6, 2022 at 6:30
NOTE: Council Recaps briefly summarize and highlight topics from the City Council Meeting agenda. This recap is provided by City staff as a public service and is not an official record of Council action. The official record of approved minutes from the November 15, 2022 meeting will be approved at the December 6, 2022 meeting and will be available for viewing thereafter.
Regular City Council meetings take place on the first and third Tuesday of the month.
The next regular meeting will be held on Tuesday, December 6, 2022 at 6:30 p.m. in Council Chambers at City Hall.