Along with the Voter Information Guide from the Orange County Registrar of Voters, residents of Yorba Linda also received a postcard in their mailbox from the City related to MEASURE Z, which will be on the November 8, 2022 municipal general election ballot.
WHAT IS MEASURE Z?
In compliance with State Housing Law, the City Council approved 19 potential sites to be considered for rezoning by registered Yorba Linda voters. The vote to rezone will appear as Measure Z on your ballot. Measure Z does not authorize any construction, as development proposals will require public review and approval.
Upcoming Outreach Meetings
Please attend one of the upcoming outreach meetings to learn more about the housing element and Measure Z.
- Wednesday, October 5, 6:30 PM – East Lake Village Community Association Clubhouse (5325 Village Center Drive)
- Tuesday, October 25, 5:30 PM - Yorba Linda Community Center Yorba Room (4501 Casa Loma Avenue)
On August 9, 2022, the City Council authorized 19 potential housing sites to be considered for rezoning by Yorba Linda voters on the November 8, 2022 ballot for the General Election. Originally, the City council had been presented with 27 housing sites for rezoning; however, due to public concerns, the Council removed four sites from being considered for rezoning and deferred any action on four additional sites.
The four sites removed from the Housing Element included:
- Two properties at the southern terminus of South Ohio Street;
- Vacant property at the northwest corner of Kellogg Drive and Grandview Avenue; and
- Vacant property at the northwest corner of Camino de Bryant and Meadowland Drive.
The four sites that were deferred until 2024 included:
- Richfield Christmas Tree Farm;
- Property just south of the City’s Municipal Yard on Eureka Avenue (across the street from the US Post Office);
- Bryant Ranch Center; and
- A 23-acre vacant parcel north of Fairmont Boulevard.
Facts on Measure Z
Get informed before you vote. For more information on Measure Z, please visit the City’s housing element website at YLHousingElementUpdate.com/.
View the Housing Element Informational Flyer (PDF).