The following is a recap from the City Council meeting on Tuesday, August 7, 2018. The Yorba Linda City Council:
- Received introductions of recently hired Building Inspectors Kurt Colomec and Randy Freeman.
- Received and filed the May 2018 Treasurer’s Report.
- Approved Resolution No. 2018-5584, declaring intent to vacate a portion of Buena Vista Avenue – West of Richfield Road.
- Accepted a notice of completion for the Arroyo Way Improvement Completion. The improvements consisted of the construction of a new two-lane connector street that links the Historic Town Center District and the new Town Center location.
- Authorized the increase of the City’s crime insurance coverage from $5 million to $20 million through a supplemental insurance policy.
- Authorized a supplemental budget appropriation of $121,172 for the repair of the eagle statue at the Veterans Memorial which was damaged by a fallen tree branch last December. Repairs are expected to be completed by the end of October.
- Conducted a public hearing to tabulate the Proposition 218 ballots for the proposed assessment for newly organized Local Landscaping Zone L2V. 150 valid ballots were collected with 64% in favor of the proposed assessment. City Council adopted Resolution No. 2018-5585, confirming the diagrams and assessments for Local Landscaping Zone L2V for Fiscal Year 2018/2019.
- Approved the following agreements and amendments to existing agreements:
- An agreement with ChargePoint for electric vehicle supply equipment and network services. The agreement includes the electric vehicle charging stations which will be located at the Town Center parking structure and future charging stations; and
- An agreement with the Orange County Flood Control District to lease the 5.465 acres of land referred to as the Phillip S. Paxton Equestrian Center. This lease is on a year-to-year basis and is renewed annually.
The meeting adjourned at 8:14 p.m. to Closed Session, which adjourned at 8:59 p.m. to the next City Council Meeting on August 21, 2018 at 6:30 p.m.
NOTE: Council Recaps briefly summarize and highlight topics from the City Council Meeting agenda. This recap is provided by City staff as a public service and is not an official record of Council action. The official record of approved minutes from the August 7, 2018 meeting will be approved at the August 21, 2018 meeting and be available for viewing thereafter
View the entire August 7, 2018 agenda.
Approved Meeting Minutes can be accessed on the Agendas and Minutes page once available.
Regular City Council meetings take place on the first and third Tuesday of the month.
The next regular meeting will be held on Tuesday, August 21, 2018 at 6:30 p.m. in Council Chambers at City Hall.