The following is a recap of the City Council meeting on Tuesday, November 16, 2021. The Yorba Linda City Council:
- Introduced new staff member, Gabriel Diaz, Associate Planner.
- Introduced new staff member, Alicia Gilgren, Maintenance Contract Administrator.
- Received a disaster preparedness update by Emergency Management Coordinator Chris Peña.
- Received a law enforcement services update by Chief of Police Services Captain Cory Martino.
- Received and filed the Annual Report on Local Park Development Impact Fees (Mitigation Fee Act), for the period ending June 30, 2021.
- Adopted Resolution No. 2021-5768, authorizing the execution and delivery of a Lease/Purchase Agreement, Escrow Agreement and certain related documents with respect to leasing certain equipment.
- Authorized the City Clerk to release 100 percent of the Improvement Faithful Performance/Labor and Materials bond and release 100 percent of the Grading bond. The City Council also authorized the City Clerk to release 100 percent of the Monumentation bond.
- Approved the contract extension with Michael Baker International for the Bastanchury Road Widening Project (from Casa Loma Avenue to Eureka Avenue).
- Introduced Ordinance No. 2021-1087 amending Chapter 8.20 of the Yorba Linda Municipal Code to address state organics recycling mandates and directed staff to schedule a second reading and adoption of the proposed ordinance amending Chapter 8.20 for the December 7, 2021, regular City Council meeting.
- Adopted a resolution in support of the Brand-Huang-Mendoza Tripartisan Land Use Initiative.
The meeting adjourned at 7:46 p.m. to the next City Council meeting on December 7, 2021 at 6:30 p.m.
NOTE: Council Recaps briefly summarize and highlight topics from the City Council Meeting agenda. This recap is provided by City staff as a public service and is not an official record of Council action. The official record of approved minutes from the November 16, 2021 meeting will be approved at the December 7, 2021 meeting and will be available for viewing thereafter.
Regular City Council meetings take place on the first and third Tuesday of the month.
The next regular meeting will be held on Tuesday, December 7, 2021 at 6:30 p.m. in Council Chambers at City Hall.