Today, the California Department of Public Health (CDPH) announced that effective May 19, 2021, Orange County (OC) will move into the Yellow Tier, the least restrictive of the State’s reopening plan called the Blueprint for a Safer Economy. This means that most businesses in OC will be allowed to increase their operational capacity. A few highlights include:
- Restaurants: open indoors at 50% capacity (no limit);
- Gyms: open indoors at 50% capacity (no limit);
- Movie Theaters: open indoors at 50% capacity (no limit);
- Places of Worship: open indoors at 50% capacity (no limit);
- Retail: Open indoors at 100% capacity with modifications; and
- Gatherings: max 100 people outdoors, 50% capacity or 50 max, whichever is fewer.
To view the status of a business or activity of interest under the Yellow Tier, please visit the State’s website. As an additional resource, residents and business owners may view the State’s Activity and Business Tiers website for a detailed chart of the activities and businesses that are open under each Tier.
Orange County COVID-19 Vaccine Sites
The County encourages residents and workers to get vaccinated to slow the spread of COVID19 and keep our communities safe and healthy. To find an HCA POD site to receive a COVID-19 vaccine, by appointment or on a walk-in basis, please call the OC COVID-19 Hotline at 714-834-2000 or log in to the Othena.com website or app. Transportation to vaccine sites is also available and can also be requested through the Hotline. Some sites also offer extended hours.