The following is a recap from the City Council meeting on Tuesday, April 6, 2021. The Yorba Linda City Council:
- Proclaimed April 2021 to be DMV/Donate Life California Month in Yorba Linda.
- Proclaimed April 13 of each year as 11th MEU Day in Yorba Linda.
- Proclaimed April 4 – 11, 2021 as National Library Week in Yorba Linda.
- Received a quarterly update by Chamber of Commerce CEO, Susan Wan-Ross.
- Recognized the following businesses in Yorba Linda as Business of the Month:
- January 2020: Transportation Corridor Agencies
- February 2020: Yorba Linda Water District
- March 2020: For Families of Active Military
- April 2020: St. Jude Medical Center
- May 2020: Placentia Linda Hospital
- June 2020: UCI Health
- July 2020: National Ataxia Foundation
- August 2020: Apola Grill
- September 2020: Eureka Pizza
- October 2020: Monarch 9 Café
- November 2020: Inspirations Gift & Home
- Business of the Year 2020: Eureka Pizza
- January 2021: Wild Birds Unlimited
- February 2021: Terra Wood Fired Kitchen
- March 2021: Veteran Air.
- Recognized the following businesses in Yorba Linda as Business of the Quarter:
- Q1 2020: Heritage Oak Private School.
- Q1 2021: Orange County Credit Union.
- Adopted Resolution No. 2021-5740 confirming the costs to abate the public nuisance at private property 16902 Saga Drive, Yorba Linda, CA 92886 and ordering the collection of such costs as a special assessment lien on such property.
- Approved Amendment No. 2, to the fuel services agreement with Merrimac Petroleum, Inc. DBA Merrimac Energy Group extending the agreement by two additional years through July 31, 2023 in the amount of $450,000 (or $225,000 per year), and authorized the City Manager to execute Amendment No. 2.
- Adopted Resolution No. 2021-5741, authorizing the request for delay of Measure M2 Comprehensive Transportation Funding Program (CTFP) funds for the Yorba Linda Boulevard/Weir Canyon Road Widening from La Palma Avenue to Santa Ana Canyon Road Project.
- Allowed certain building overhangs to be constructed and used within the City public right-of-way at the subject address; and authorized the City Manager to execute the proposed Administrative Encroachment Permit Agreement containing covenants affecting real property with the owner of the property located at 4861 School Street.
- Denied the claim for damages by Danielle and Terry Lindgren.
- Upheld the Local Emergency Proclamation made by the Director of Emergency Services on March 16, 2020 and determined that the need for the Local Emergency Proclamation is continuing.
- Conducted a public hearing and approved the projects associated with Yorba Linda’s Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) application for Fiscal Year 2021-2022.
- Received a presentation on Strategic Budget Priorities from Assistant City Manager/Interim Finance Director, David Christian.
- Voted to oppose SB 760 (Bates) and SB 761 (Bates) unless amended.
- Approved resolutions to condemn hate crimes and racism.
The meeting adjourned at 8:28 p.m. to the next City Council meeting on April 20, 2021 at 6:30 p.m.
NOTE: Council Recaps briefly summarize and highlight topics from the City Council Meeting agenda. This recap is provided by City staff as a public service and is not an official record of Council action. The official record of approved minutes from the April 6, 2021 meeting will be approved at the April 20, 2021 meeting and will be available for viewing thereafter.
Regular City Council meetings take place on the first and third Tuesday of the month.
The next regular meeting will be held on Tuesday, April 20, 2021 at 6:30 p.m. in Council Chambers at City Hall.