The following is a recap from the City Council meeting on Tuesday, February 16, 2021. The Yorba Linda City Council:
- Received an introduction to two new staff members: Regina Hu, Senior Civil Engineer; and Hayden Carlson, Building Permit Technician.
- Received a presentation regarding the outcome of the City’s comprehensive RHNA appeal efforts from David Brantley, Director of Community Development, and Nate Farnsworth, Planning Manager.
- Received a presentation about the Yorba Linda Water District’s upcoming PFAS treatment plant from YLWD Director, Brooke Jones.
- Approved the proposed Amendment No. 1 to the Agreement with Country Estate Fence Company, Inc. for the Equestrian Fence Replacement Project, increasing the total not-to-exceed amount to $264,683.77 for the initial two-year term; and approved a supplemental budget appropriation of $119,660 from the Landscape Maintenance Assessment District (LMAD) Fund for the specified services.
- Awarded the proposed On-Call Equipment Rentals to Haitbrink Asphalt Paving, Inc. with a total maximum contract amount of $226,287.00 per year for a two-year initial term, and rejected all other bids and approved the plans and specifications. The Council also authorized the Mayor to execute the proposed On-Call Equipment Rentals Contract, and authorized the City Manager to execute and approve renewals including any unit cost increases as provided for within this agreement.
- Authorized the purchase and installation of office furniture for City Hall in the amount of $92,835.93 to GM Business Interiors (GMBI).
- Denied the claims for damages for Vera Gojcevic, Lukas Hoebarth, and Brian and Michele Willis.
- Upheld the Local Emergency Proclamation made by the Director of Emergency Services on March 16, 2020, and determined that the need for the Local Emergency Proclamation is continuing.
- Conducted a public hearing and adopted Resolution No. 2021-5737 declaring the landscape maintenance easement at 5455 and 5465 Blue Ridge Drive as unnecessary for present or prospective public use and vacating the same pursuant to California Streets & Highways Code Section 8300 et seq.; and approved, and authorized the City Manager to sign, the proposed agreements to transfer improvements, assumptions of liabilities, and release for the irrigation infrastructure at 5455 and 5465 Blue Ridge Drive.
NOTE: Council Recaps briefly summarize and highlight topics from the City Council Meeting agenda. This recap is provided by City staff as a public service and is not an official record of Council action. The official record of approved minutes from the February 16, 2021 meeting will be approved at the March 2, 2021 meeting and will be available for viewing thereafter.
• View the entire February 16, 2021 agenda.
• Approved Meeting Minutes can be accessed on the Agendas and Minutes page once available.
Regular City Council meetings take place on the first and third Tuesday of the month. The next regular meeting will be held on Tuesday, March 2, 2021 at 6:30 p.m. in Council Chambers at City Hall.