Regional Stay Home Order
The State of California has lifted the Regional Stay Home order for Southern California as of Monday, January 25, 2021. The Regional Stay Home Order had been in effect for the Southern California Region since December 6, 2020, after hospital Intensive Care Unit (ICU) capacity dropped below 15%. Now that 4-week ICU capacity is forecasted to rise above 15% in the region, the order has been lifted. Orange County immediately returns to the Purple Tier of the State's coronavirus response plan called the Blueprint for a Safer Economy.
The following business and activities, permitted by the Purple Tier guidance, may immediately resume:
- Restaurants: outdoor dining with modifications;
- Hair Salons and barbershops: indoor operations with modifications;
- All retail can open indoors with modifications at 25% of max capacity;
- Personal Care Services: open indoors with modifications;
- Museums, Zoos, and Aquariums: open outdoors with modifications;
- Places of worship: outdoor only with modifications;
- Movie theaters: outdoor only with modifications;
- Hotels and lodging: open with modifications;
- Gyms and Fitness Center: outdoors only with modifications; and
- Wineries: Outdoor only with modifications
Per Purple Tier guidance, the following sectors remain closed:
- Bars, Breweries, and Distilleries (where no meal provided);
- Live Audience sports; and
- Amusement Parks.
Limited Stay HOMe ORder
The Limited Stay Home Order, which acted as a curfew to limit non-essential activities and gatherings from 10 p.m. to 5 p.m., has also been lifted and is no longer in effect across the State of California.
For more information about the Purple Tier, the Blueprint for a Safer Economy, or to learn about what businesses and activities are allowed to resume, please visit the State's website at covid19.ca.gov. Orange County residents may search for a business or activity type by visiting covid19.ca.gov and entering "Orange" in the County field, entering the business or activity type, and clicking, “GET LATEST STATUS.”