The California Department of Public Health has issued Reopening Guidance for Outdoor Playgrounds and Other Recreational Facilities, which means the City of Yorba Linda can now reopen park playgrounds across the City. This guidance provides direction on usage of outdoor playgrounds and outdoor recreational facilities (hereafter facilities), to support a safe environment for children and families. It applies to outdoor playgrounds located in parks, campgrounds, and other publicly accessible locations operated by a City, State, County or Federal Government. This guidance does not apply to indoor playgrounds or family entertainment centers.
When visiting an outdoor community playground, guests must comply with the following requirements from the State of California:
- Face masks over the mouth and nose are required for everyone 2 years of age or older with caregiver supervision at all times to ensure face mask use;
- Do not use the playground when different households are unable to maintain a physical distance of 6 feet or when the capacity limit of [number of children and number of adults] has been reached;
- Caregivers must monitor to keep adults and children from different households at least 6 feet apart;
- Consider coming on different times or days to avoid wait times and potential crowded times;
- No eating or drinking in playground, to ensure face masks are worn at all times;
- Wash or sanitize hands before and after using the playground;
- Elderly and persons with underlying medical conditions should avoid playground when others are present; and
- Limit visit to 30 min per day when others are present.
For more information
To learn more about the Outdoor Playground Reopening Guidance, please visit cpdh.ca.gov. To learn more about Yorba Linda's beautiful parks or to find one near you, visit our Parks and Facilities page.
Follow Yorba Linda Parks and Recreation on Social Media.