The following is a recap from the City Council meeting on Tuesday, June 16, 2020. The Yorba Linda City Council:
- Received the second reading and adopted Ordinance No. 2020-1079 repealing and restating Chapter 2.40 of the Yorba Linda Municipal Code relating to personnel.
- Adopted Resolution No. 2020-5684, approving the City’s Local Signal Synchronization Plan (LSSP) which is consistent with the Regional Traffic Signal Synchronization Master Plan.
- Adopted Resolution No. 2020-5692, approving California Traffic Control’s request to conduct a temporary street closure to replace a deteriorated power pole on Boeing Avenue between Avolinda Drive and Piper Place.
- Adopted Resolution No. 2020-5681, calling and giving notice of the holding of a General Municipal Election to be held on Tuesday, November 3, 2020, for the Election of certain officers as required by the provisions of the laws of the state of California relating to General Law cities. Adopted Resolution No. 2020-5682, requesting the Board of Supervisors of the County of Orange to Consolidate a General Municipal Election with the statewide General Election; and Resolution No. 2020-5683, adopting regulations for candidates for elective office pertaining to candidate statements submitted to the voters at an election to be held on Tuesday, November 3, 2020.
- Approved and adopted the annual Investment Policy for fiscal year 2020/21.
- Adopted Resolution No. 2020-5680 establishing the appropriations (Gann) limit for fiscal year 2020/21.
- Adopted Resolution No. 2020-5690, initiating proceedings to levy annual assessments for Fiscal Year 2020/2021 for the Street Lighting and Landscaping Maintenance Assessment District (LMAD), and ordering the Engineer to prepare and file a report in accordance with Landscaping and Lighting Act of 1972 (Streets and Highways Code).
- Authorized the City Clerk to accept the following cash security:
- Onsite Precise Grade Improvements:
- Grading Cash Security Principle amount: $910,000.
- Offsite Lakeview Avenue Street Improvements
- Performance Cash Security Principal Amount: $455,000.
- Labor and Material Cash security Principal Amount: $455,000.
- Directed staff to cancel the July 7, 2020 City Council meeting.
- Upheld the Local Emergency Proclamation made by the Director of Emergency Services on March 16, 2020.
- Conducted a public hearing and adopted Resolution No. 2020-5691 authorizing the application submittal to the State for Permanent Local Housing Allocation funds; and approved an agreement with the City of La Habra, to act as the designated entity, for the disbursement of Permanent Local Housing Allocation funds for a jointly funded project known as the Buena Park Navigation Center and the Placentia Navigation Center. The Council also authorized the City Manager or his designee to execute the application and make any subsequent amendments or modifications related to the application.
- Continued the Public Hearing of the L2G Vacation process to a date certain of July 21, 2020, allowing the property owners time to initiate and coordinate a petition for Zone L-2G in an effort to determine if a re-vote is warranted. The petition process consists of obtaining 50%+1 household signatures (one per house) of those in the zone with the signatures acknowledging support of an increased assessment submitted to the City Clerk’s Department by 5:30 p.m., Monday, July 13, 2020.
- Received a presentation from Jamie Lei, Public Works Director/City Engineer; and approved the engineer’s report and declaration of intent to levy and collect assessments within the citywide Yorba Linda Lighting and Landscaping Maintenance Assessment District for fiscal year 2020/2021, Resolution Nos. 2020-5693 and 2020-5694 and set July 21, 2020 as the public hearing date concerning the levy of assessments.
- Received a presentation from Rick Yee, Assistant City Engineer, and approved Resolution No. 2020-5685 concerning the status and update of the City of Yorba Linda’s Pavement Management Plan for the Measure M2 program.
- Received a presentation from Jason Pack of Fehr & Peers and adopted Resolution No. 2020-5695 adopting "Vehicle Miles Traveled" thresholds of significance for purposes of analyzing transportation impacts under the California Environmental Quality Act and approving local traffic impact analysis guidelines for the City of Yorba Linda.
- Received a Fiscal year 2020/21 Mid-Term Budget Update from Scott Catlett, Finance Director and City Treasurer, and approved some minor budget adjustments. Approved the addition of Fiscal Year 2026/27 to the Capital Improvement Program to remain in conformance with the Orange County Transportation Authority Renewed Measure M2 agreement.
- Adopted a proclamation declaring solidarity in the City of Yorba Linda, introduced by Mayor Haney.
The meeting adjourned at 10:10 p.m. to the next City Council meeting on July 21, 2020 at 6:30 p.m.
NOTE: Council Recaps briefly summarize and highlight topics from the City Council Meeting agenda. This recap is provided by City staff as a public service and is not an official record of Council action. The official record of approved minutes from the June 16, 2020 meeting will be approved at the July 21, 2020 meeting and will be available for viewing thereafter.
Regular City Council meetings take place on the first and third Tuesday of the month. The next regular meeting will be held on Tuesday, July 21, 2020 at 6:30 p.m. in Council Chambers at City Hall.