- Destination retail, including shopping malls and swap meets;
- Personal services, limited to car washes, pet grooming, tanning facilities and landscape gardening;
- Office-based businesses (telework remains strongly encouraged);
- Dine-in restaurants (other amenities like bars or gaming areas are not permitted);
- Outdoor museums and open gallery spaces; and
The County of Orange is currently in the process of requesting a variance
, and in order for the County Public Health Officer to attest to the variance, the following industry-specific business guidelines for reopening, prepared by the State of California, must be shared with you. Please visit the State’s industry guidelines at covid19.ca.gov/industry-guidance/
. These guidelines provide relevant methods and practices that should be in place before that business type reopens.
In order to prepare for a safe reopening of California businesses, the State has prepared guidance for ALL businesses to follow in order to reduce the risk of COVID-19. The general guidance from the California Department of Public Health states that all facilities and business types must complete the following steps prior to reopening:
- Perform a detailed risk assessment and implement a site-specific protection plan;
- Train employees on how to limit the spread of COVID-19, including how to screen themselves for symptoms and stay home if they have them;
- Implement individual control measures and screenings;
- Implement disinfecting protocols; and
- Implement physical distancing guidelines.
The City of Yorba Linda will continue to provide updates on State and County resources providing guidance for the reopening of all business types. Businesses may refer to the City of Yorba Linda’s COVID-19 Business Resources page
for current information.