On behalf of the County of Orange, Meals on Wheels OC is pleased to announce the “Great Plates Delivered” program, a temporary home-delivery meal program created by the State of California in response to the COVID-19 emergency. This program delivers three nutritious meals a day to qualifying seniors and is currently available through June 10. Older adults interested in applying for the program can sign up at MealsOnWheelsOC.org.
Guidelines for participation in the program have been established by the State of California, for which local administrators are then selected to help facilitate meal delivery. In Orange County, the Office on Aging will serve as the local administrator with their contractor, Meals on Wheels OC coordinating the program in the north and central cities. Per the State’s direction, individuals who wish to enroll in the Great Plates Delivered program to receive meals must fall under the following criteria to qualify:
- Age 65 years or older; or
- Age 60 – 64 and:
- Asymptomatic but senior is high-risk, as defined by the CDC; or
- Tested positive for COVID-19 (as documented by a state/local public health official or medical health professional) and does not require hospitalization but needs isolation or quarantine (including those exiting from hospitals); or
- Was exposed to COVID-19 (as documented by a state/local public health official or medical health professional) and does not require hospitalization but needs isolation or quarantine; or
- For those who have tested positive for COVID-19 or have been exposed to COVID-19, documentation from a public health official or medical health professional will be requested.
- Must live alone or with one other program-eligible adult;
- Must not currently receive or have received in the past 30 days other federal and state nutrition programs, including CalFresh/SNAP or Older Americans Act Home Delivered Meals (Meals on Wheels) or Congregate Grab & Go frozen meals through a senior or community center;
- Must receive no more than $74,940 in income for a household of one (1) and $101,460 for a household of two (2), which is 600% of the federal poverty limit; and
- Must affirm an inability to prepare or obtain meals.
If you do not meet the program requirements and are age 60 or more, you may qualify for other meal programs offered by Meals on Wheels OC.
For more information or to apply for the Great Plates Delivered meal program, please complete the form at MealsOnWheelsOC.org.