The City of Yorba Linda encourages residents to follow the County of Orange Health Officer’s recommendation to wear a mask while at work and while engaging in essential activities. The recommendation is in line with guidance issued by the California Department of Public Health on April 1, and is intended to help slow the spread of COVID-19 by those who are asymptomatic. Residents can make their own face coverings at home from a variety of materials and should refrain from purchasing N95 masks or other personal protective equipment that is in critical short supply for our healthcare workers. For mask-making instructions, visit the Center for Disease Control’s coronavirus website.
Please remember that wearing a mask is not a substitute for proven protective measures. Remember, the best way to fight this virus is to stay home, and to practice essential hygiene by:
- Washing your hands for at least 20 seconds. If soap is not available, use a hand sanitizer that is at least 60% alcohol based;
- Coughing or sneezing into a tissue and throwing it away;
- Maintaining a 6-foot distance between people in public or infected family members;
- Staying hydrated;
- Getting enough sleep; and
- Trying to decrease stress and exercising. Go for a walk in your neighborhood, but remember to practice safe social distancing!