The following is a recap from the City Council meeting on Tuesday, March 17, 2020. The Yorba Linda City Council:
- Received an introduction of new staff member, Baryic Hunter, Orange County Fire Authority Division Chief.
- Received the annual report of Law Enforcement Services from Lt. Cory Martino, Chief of Police Services.
- Received an update on and approved the Yorba Linda 2020 Strategic Plan, which reaffirms the City’s commitment to continue to provide exceptional services and programs to the Yorba Linda community.
- Received and filed the Treasurer’s Report for October 2019.
- Received the second reading of and adopted Ordinance No. 2020-1074, Zoning Code Amendment 2019-01, amending the Yorba Linda Zoning Code to modify regulations for Accessory Dwelling Units pursuant to State law.
- Authorized the City Manager to enter into the First Amendment to the Purchase and Sale Agreement and Joint Escrow Instructions with In-N-Out Burger, associated with the sale of City-owned property located at the current site of the Yorba Linda Public Library.
- Authorized the existing improvements to encroach within the City’s storm drain easement at a private residence, and determined that such encroachments will not adversely impact the City’s easement, City’s facility, or general public safety; and required the owner to execute a Declaration of Restrictive Covenants Agreement pursuant to City Council Policy E-5A.
- Adopted several resolutions related to Local Landscaping Zone L-2E within the Yorba Linda Street Lighting and Landscaping Maintenance District (LMAD):
- Resolution 2020-5656, initiating proceedings to levy a proposed new or increased assessment for Local Landscaping Zone L-2E, which would commence Fiscal Year 2020/2021.
- Resolution 2020-5657, approving the Engineer’s Report regarding the proposed new or increased assessment for Zone L-2E, which would commence Fiscal Year 2020/2021; and
- Resolution No. 2020-5658, declaring its intention to ballot property owners for a proposed new or increased assessment within Zone L-2E, commencing with Fiscal Year 2020/2021, setting a public hearing for Tuesday, May 19, 2020, at 7:00 p.m. in the Council Chambers at 4845 Casa Loma Avenue, Yorba Linda.
- Approved Cooperative Agreement for Project No. 74-46000 by and between the City of Fullerton and the Cities of La Palma, Buena Park, Placentia, Anaheim, Yorba Linda, and the County of Orange for the Orangethorpe Avenue / Esperanza Road Corridor Project Regional Traffic Signal Synchronization Program (RTSSP).
- Approved Resolution No. 2020-5660, adopting the City’s Project for Fiscal Year 2020/21 funded by Senate Bill 1: Road Repair and Accountability Act of 2017.
- Continued the following public hearing items to a date certain of April 7, 2020:
- Public Hearing regarding Weed Abatement Assessment of Liens.
- Zoning Code Amendment 2019-02 – amending Chapter 18.20, Article VIII, related to Community Care Facilities.
- Resolution No. 2020-5650 – Revising the Uniform Parking Bail Schedule and first reading of Ordinance No. 2020-1076 amending Chapter 10.72 of Yorba Linda Municipal Code to include fines for electronic vehicle charging violations.
- Approved Resolution No. 2020-5661, ratifying the Proclamation declaring the existence of a Local Emergency, enhancing the City’s emergency preparedness and response to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
The meeting adjourned at 8:11 p.m. to the next City Council Meeting on April 7, 2020 at 6:30 p.m.
NOTE: Council Recaps briefly summarize and highlight topics from the City Council Meeting agenda. This recap is provided by City staff as a public service and is not an official record of Council action. The official record of approved minutes from the March 17, 2020 meeting will be approved at the April 7, 2020 meeting and be available for viewing thereafter.
Regular City Council meetings take place on the first and third Tuesday of the month. The next regular meeting will be held on Tuesday, April 7, 2020 at 6:30 p.m. in Council Chambers at City Hall.