The following is a recap from the City Council meeting on Tuesday, December 17, 2019. The Yorba Linda City Council:
- Received a quarterly update from Chamber of Commerce President Mark Apicella Jr., and recognized the Chamber of Commerce’s Business of the Month recipients for the quarter:
- October: First Bank;
- November: Bristol Farms; and
- December: Nikki’s Kitchen.
- Recognized outgoing Chamber of Commerce President Susan Hobson.
- Recognized the City’s Business of the Quarter, Terra Wood-Fired Kitchen.
- Recognized the Chamber of Commerce’s Business of the Year, Bristol Farms.
- Recognized outgoing Yorba Linda Water District President Brooke Jones.
- Received and filed the following annual reports for the fiscal year ended June 30, 2019, as required by the Mitigation Fee Act:
- The annual report of Local Park Development Impact Fees, as well as the five-year report;
- The annual report of Traffic Development Impact Fees; and
- The Master Plan Drainage Development Impact Fees.
- Approved Change Order No. 2 to the construction contract with Palp, Inc. for Fiscal Year 2018-19 Annual Pavement Preservation Program (Zone 2 Overlay).
- Approved the increased maximum contract value for the maintenance agreement with West Coast Arborists, Inc., for City-wide tree maintenance services.
- Adopted Resolution No. 2019-5647, approving the Engineer’s Report regarding a proposed new or increased assessment within the Yorba Linda Street Lighting and Landscaping Maintenance Assessment District (LMAD) for Local Landscaping Zone L-2G for Fiscal Year 2020-21.
- Adopted Resolution No. 2019-5648, declaring its intention to ballot property owners for a proposed new or increased assessment within the Yorba Linda Street Lighting and Landscaping Maintenance Assessment District (LMAD) for Local Landscaping Zone L-2G for Fiscal Year 2020-21, setting a Public Hearing for March 3, 2020 at 6:30 p.m. in the Council Chambers, and authorizing staff to proceed with the balloting procedures.
- Authorized the proposed improvements to encroach within the City’s storm drain easement on the Altrudy Site located at 4672 Lakeview Avenue and 18551 Altrudy Lane; determined encroachments will not adversely impact the City’s easement, City’s facility, or general public safety; and required the developer to execute a Declaration of Restrictive Covenants Agreement pursuant to City Council Policy E-5A.
- Approved the Consultant Services Agreement with Karen Warner Associates, Inc. for the preparation of the 2021-2029 General Plan Housing Element.
- Approved City Council Policy A-31: Fairness in Business.
- Approved the 2019 Engineering and Traffic Survey. Based on the findings of the survey, the current posted speed limits will remain unchanged throughout the City.
- Approved Parcel Map No. 2014-159 and authorized the City Clerk to certify the record map upon completion of any technical corrections required by the City Engineer and authorized the Mayor to sign and the City Clerk to attest the Subdivision Improvement Agreement, and authorized the City Clerk to accept a Survey Monumentation Bond of $2,000.
- Adopted Resolution No. 2019-5645, designating the Assistant to the City Manager, Public Works Director/City Engineer, and Assistant City Manager to act as “Authorized Agents” to execute on behalf of the City, any actions necessary to administer the Hazard Mitigation Grant Program and the Pre-Disaster Mitigation Program.
- Authorized the advertisement of competitive bids for the following projects:
- The Phillip S. Paxton Equestrian Center Improvement Project;
- The Yorba Linda Community Center HVAC Replacement Project; and
- The Black Gold Golf Club HVAC Replacement Project.
- Voted to approve the City Council appointments to organizations, agencies, and committees recommended by Mayor Haney.
- Adopted Resolution No. 2019-5646, approving the Second Amendment to the Agreement for Solid Waste Handling Services between the City of Yorba Linda and Republic Waste Services of Southern California, LLC.
The meeting adjourned at 8:06 p.m. to the next City Council Meeting on January 21, 2020 at 6:30 p.m.
NOTE: Council Recaps briefly summarize and highlight topics from the City Council Meeting agenda. This recap is provided by City staff as a public service and is not an official record of Council action. The official record of approved minutes from the December 17, 2019 meeting will be approved at the January 21, 2020 meeting and be available for viewing thereafter.
View the entire December 17, 2019 agenda.
Approved Meeting Minutes can be accessed on the Agendas and Minutes page once available.
Regular City Council meetings take place on the first and third Tuesday of the month.
The next regular meeting will be held on Tuesday, January 21, 2020 at 6:30 p.m. in Council Chambers at City Hall. No meeting will be held on Tuesday, January 7, 2020.