The following is a recap from the City Council meeting on Tuesday, October 1, 2019. The Yorba Linda City Council:
• Received an Orange County Mosquito and Vector Control District Aedes Mosquito PowerPoint presentation by District Manager Rick Howard.
• Presented a proclamation declaring October 6 – 12, 2019 as Fire Prevention Week to Orange County Fire Authority Battalion Chief Dennis Gomez.
• Presented a proclamation declaring October as National Domestic Violence Awareness and Prevention Month to Lucy Park, Yorba Linda Woman’s Club Domestic Violence Awareness Chair.
• Received a presentation on coyote awareness by Assistant to the City Manager Mark Aalders.
• Approved the purchase of Southern California Edison (SCE) Rule 20A Funds from the City of Aliso Viejo.
• Adopted Ordinance No. 2019-1061 approving changes to the Yorba Linda Municipal Code relating to licenses and regulations.
• Approved an increase to the Change Order authority amount related to the Stantec Consulting Services, Inc. agreement for the remediation and final close out services at City-owned parcels located north of Bastanchury Road, between Casa Loma Avenue and Eureka Avenue.
• Adopted Resolution No. 2019-5634, certifying the Initial Study/Mitigated Negative Declaration for the Bastanchury Road Widening and Improvement Project, finding that said street widening project will not have a significant adverse effect on the environment.
• Held a public hearing and conducted the first reading of Ordinance No. 2019-1062, approving Zone Change 2019-04 – City of Yorba Linda.
• Approved the: 1.) Pre-Annexation Agreement between the City of Yorba Linda and North County BRS Project, LLC; 2.) Cooperative Agreement between the City and the County of Orange; and 3.) Resolution No. 2019-5633 approving the tax exchange agreement between the City and the County regarding the annexation of the Cielo Vista development to the City of Yorba Linda.
• Approved a resolution affirming support for Proposition 13 – The People’s Initiative to Limit Property Taxation.
• Supported Councilwoman Huang’s request for fairness in business.
The meeting was adjourned at 8:26 p.m. to the next regularly scheduled City Council meeting on October 15, 2019.
NOTE: Council Recaps briefly summarize and highlight topics from the City Council Meeting agenda. This recap is provided by City staff as a public service and is not an official record of Council action. The official record of approved minutes from the October 1, 2019 meeting will be approved at the October 15, 2019 meeting and be available for viewing thereafter. View the entire October 1, 2019 agenda. Approved Meeting Minutes can be accessed on the Agendas and Minutes page once available.
Regular City Council meetings take place on the first and third Tuesday of the month. The next regular meeting will be held on Tuesday, October 15, 2019 at 6:30 p.m. in Council Chambers at City Hall.