The following is a recap from the City Council meeting on Tuesday, May 7, 2019. The Yorba Linda City Council:
- Recognized the Library Teen Advisory Board (TAB) members.
- Received a presentation on retail recruitment and attraction services by Jones Lang Lasalle, Inc. Vice President BIake Kaplan.
- Received an award of distinction for website redesign by the California Association of Public Information Officials.
- Received an introduction of new Orange County Fire Authority Division Chief Phil Johnson.
- Approved and authorized the Mayor to sign the Animal Care Notice of Intent with Orange County Animal Care for animal control and shelter services.
- Authorized a one-year extension to the Professional Services Agreement with Jones Lang Lasalle Brokerage, Inc. for retail recruitment and attraction service.
- Adopted Resolution No. 2019-5612 to initiate proceedings to levy annual assessments for Fiscal Year 2019/2020 for the Street Lighting and Landscaping Maintenance Assessment District (LMAD) and ordering the Engineer to prepare and file a report.
- Received and filed the Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (CAFR) for the fiscal year ended June 30, 2018.
- Adopted Resolution No. 2019-5614 adopting the City’s project for Fiscal Year 2019/20 funded by Senate Bill 1.
- Authorized the City Clerk to release a percentage of Parcel Map No. 2016-131, YL West Estates, LLC bonds.
- Received and filed the Fiscal Year 2018/19 Third Quarter Budget Update.
- Held a public hearing and approved the projects associated with Yorba Linda’s Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) application for Fiscal Year 2019/20.
- Discussed short-term rentals and directed staff to research prohibitions in neighboring cities to present short-term rental ban options at a future Council meeting.
The meeting was adjourned at 10:37 p.m. in memory of Ruth Camarena to the next City Council Meeting on May 21, 2019 at 6:30 p.m.
NOTE: Council Recaps briefly summarize and highlight topics from the City Council Meeting agenda. This recap is provided by City staff as a public service and is not an official record of Council action. The official record of approved minutes from the May 7, 2019 meeting will be approved at the May 21, 2019 meeting and be available for viewing thereafter.
View the entire May 7, 2019 agenda.
Approved Meeting Minutes can be accessed on the Agendas and Minutes page once available.
Regular City Council meetings take place on the first and third Tuesday of the month. The next regular meeting will be held on Tuesday, May 21, 2019 at 6:30 p.m. in Council Chambers at City Hall.