The following is a recap from the City Council meeting on Tuesday, February 5, 2019. The Yorba Linda City Council:
- Received an update on the plane crash incident from Chief of Police Services Lieutenant Cory Martino. The incident occurred on Sunday, February 3, 2019 at approximately 1:45 p.m. when a small Cessna plane crash occurred on the 19000 block of Crestknoll Drive, causing a structure fire at one home and damage to several others.
- Proclaimed the month of February as Career Technical Education Month.
- Received an introduction of recently hired staff member David Niznik, Public Works Landscape Inspector.
- Approved the minutes of the January 15, 2019 City Council Meeting with a revision to item # 8.
- Denied a claim for damages submitted by an individual.
- Awarded a contract for installation and configuration of a new video management system to AMS.net.
- Reduced the Grading Bond for Tract 17793, a Brandywine Homes development, by 60%.
- Approved Task Order No. 5 to the On-Call Professional Services Agreement with Interwest Consulting Group, Inc. for continued professional construction inspection services.
- Adopted the following ordinances:
- Ordinance No. 2019-1056, which approves Zoning Code Amendment 2017-04 for a comprehensive update to the Zoning Code; and
- Ordinance No. 2019-1057, which approves changes to Chapter 3.04 of the Yorba Linda Municipal Code governing procurement.
- Adopted the following resolutions:
- Resolution No. 2019-5604, which approves the temporary street closure of Village Center from Vista Laguna to Paseo de las Palomas for a special event; and
- Resolution No. 2019-5605, which approves the temporary street closures on Prospect Avenue between Saga Drive and Bastanchury Road to accommodate power pole replacements which will be conducted by Southern California Edison.
- Received a mid-year budget update.
The meeting was adjourned at 7:29 p.m. to the next City Council Meeting on February 19, 2019 at 6:30 p.m. The adjournment was made in honor of the victims of Sunday’s plane crash.
NOTE: Council Recaps briefly summarize and highlight topics from the City Council Meeting agenda. This recap is provided by City staff as a public service and is not an official record of Council action. The official record of approved minutes from the February 5, 2019 meeting will be approved at the February 19, 2019 meeting and be available for viewing thereafter.
Regular City Council meetings take place on the first and third Tuesday of the month.
The next regular meeting will be held on Tuesday, February 19, 2019 at 6:30 p.m. in Council Chambers at City Hall.