Virtual Recreation Center
The City of Yorba Linda Parks and Recreation Department’s Virtual Recreation Center is here to provide fun, fitness, arts, education, and enrichment through these unprecedented times. We are committed to ensuring our community has the resources to maintain their health and well-being.
Visit this page often or follow us on Instagram and Facebook for new updates and ideas to keep you and your loved ones healthy, entertained, and informed. Please note that we do not endorse or receive funds to advertise any of the third party sites or services listed or referenced on this page.
Have a great idea or resource you’d like to share? Email us at email@example.com.
YOUTH VIRTUAL Activities from our Parks & Recreation Staff
Parks and Recreation Staff have put together a series of videos to provide entertainment and learning opportunities for the whole family. Whether you enjoy sports, music, crafts or cooking, there is something for everyone! Be sure to visit the Parks and Recreation YouTube Channel and check our Virtual Recreation Center often for new videos each week!
New videos this week
VIRTUAL CLASSES FROM Our POpular Instructors
fitness & sports
Skate Kids - Professional Skateboarder, Kurtis Colamonico
- How to use Safe Foot Positions
- How to Ollie
- How to Manual
- How to Kickflip
- How to Tic Tac
- How to get out of a Primo Stall
- How to Heel Flip
Martial Arts International
- Learn Basic Stances for Martial Arts
- Learn Basic Hand Pattern for Martial Arts
- Learn Kick Combo Bonus Class
Yoga with Gabriel Hall
- Follow Gabriel on YouTube for Yoga Exercises.
Conversa Spanish Staff
Music and Performing Arts
Kids Love Music - Karen Greeno
- Follow Kids Love Music on Facebook for live music and activities.
OC Dance Productions - Ever After Princess Events
- Follow Ever After Princess Events on Instagram for live crafts, story time and dancing.
special interest Online resources
Online Art & Creative Learning
- No Mess Art & Craft Activities for Toddlers
- Science Experiment for Kids
- Ladybug Craft for Kids
- Indoor Scavenger Hunt for Kids (PDF)
- Green Eggs and Ham Game for Kids
- Marvel Drawing Art for Teens
- Cooking for Teens
Online Fitness Activities
Senior virtual services and activities
exercise your body
North Orange Continuing Education (NOCE) has adapted their Emeritus exercise classes to be offered online. These classes will continue to be free, and you can get information on which classes are offered and how to register by visiting www.noce.edu and following the steps for New or Continuing Students.
- Free Emeritus Exercise Classes
- WebMD article on Senior Fitness:Why its Never Too Late to Start
- Warm Up Exercise Video by Go4Life from the National Institute on Aging at the National Institutes of Health
- 15-Minute Sample Workout for Older Adults by Go4Life from the National Institute on Aging at the National Institutes of Health
- 20 Minute Senior Seated Chair Exercises
Exercise Your mind
- Take a Virtual Field Trip
- Daily Crossword Puzzles
- Challenge yourself with Brain Age Games
- Play Bridge - Beginning and Intermediate Bridge Classes and Duplicate and Party Bridge games available at www.bridgebase.com. This resource is being used by several Community Center bridge players, so you may end up playing with your fellow bridge group!
All HICAP (Health Insurance Counseling and Advocacy Program) appointments have transitioned to over-the-phone. To schedule an appointment, please call the Community Center front desk at 714-961-7181 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Institute on Aging’s "Friendship Line" is free resource for people aged 60 years and older. You can call toll-free at 800-971-0016 for assistance with a crisis or even non-emergency emotional support.