Resources for the Community
The City has compiled a list of resources available to the community. This page will be updated as additional information becomes available. If you are a member of an organization offering community resources to those affected by COVID-19, please email City staff to be added to the resource page.
CORONAVIRUS INFORMATION HOTLINE
To better serve our community, the City of Yorba Linda has launched a Coronavirus Information Hotline. Residents can speak with a City staff member by calling 714-984-5900 Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. to receive referrals to local services and non-medical information.
County of Orange Resources Hotline
Residents can call the County Hotline to obtain information on County Resources: 833-426-6411. Through the hotline, callers can be connected to the following county agencies:
- Orange County Health Care Agency – Health Referral Line, Behavioral Health Resources
- Orange County Social Services Agency – Risk Benefits
- Orange County Office on Aging – Resources for Seniors
- Orange County District Attorney’s Office – Scams, Price Gouging
- County of Orange Emergency Operations Center Hotline – Non-Medical Questions
2-1-1 ORANGE COUNTY
Visit the 2-1-1 Orange County website for referrals on assistance with locating food, healthcare, mental health services, housing, and other resources. Residents may also call 2-1-1 by phone for assistance.
If you need to hear a supportive voice or just need someone to talk to, the OC WARMLINE is a free, confidential phone service providing emotional support & OC resources. You can reach the warmline by calling 714-991-6412. The Warmline’s hours are 9 a.m. to 3 a.m, Monday through Fridays; and 10 a.m. to 3 a.m., Saturdays & Sundays.
Business Owner Information
Visit the Business Information page for a list of resources available to local businesses, including disaster loans.
Career One Stop
Visit the Career One Stop website for assistance in finding a job.
EMPLOYMENT DEVELOPMENT DEPARTMENT (EDD)
Individuals whose employment is affected by the Coronavirus should visit the EDD website for information.
Food Pantries and Meal Assistance
ACTIVE CHRISTIANS TODAY (ACT) – ST. ANGELA MERICI CHURCH
- Program Schedule: Food distribution - 9 a.m.-1 p.m. on Mondays, Wednesdays & Fridays. Also offers clothing, shoes, furniture, and household items. Financial assistance available (dependent on funding), temporary lodging on an emergency basis (primarily when children are involved) and government commodities on the first Wednesday of each month.
- Address: 585 S. Walnut Ave, Brea, CA 92821
- Phone: 714-529-1821
PLACENTIA FAMILY RESOURCE CENTER
- Program Schedule: Emergency food - 8:30 a.m.-8 p.m. on Mondays and Wednesdays, 8:30 a.m.-5:30 p.m. on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays, (Closed daily from noon-1 p.m.); Bread - 9-10 a.m. on Monday-Wednesday; Commodities - 9 a.m. until commodities run out, Second Friday of the month; Food Pantry - 9 a.m. First and Third Thursday of the month; Call to verify
- Address: 900 South Melrose Street, Placentia, CA 92870
- Phone: 714-986-2333
ROSE DRIVE FRIENDS CHURCH
- Program Schedule: Food distribution - 4-5 p.m. on Wednesdays and 9 a.m.-10 a.m. on Saturdays.
- Address:4221 Rose Drive, Yorba Linda, CA 92886
- Phone: 714-528-6496
SAN ANTONIO CATHOLIC CHURCH
- Program Schedule: Food distribution - 12-3 p.m. on Thursdays.
- Address: 5800 E. Santa Ana Canyon Road, Anaheim Hills, CA 92807
- Phone: 714-974-9728
Second Harvest Food Bank
- Program Schedule: Drive-thru food distribution 9 a.m.-noon on Saturdays.
- Address: Honda Center Parking Lot, 2965 E. Katella Avenue, Anaheim, CA 92806
- Website:Visit Second Harvest Website
VINEYARD CHRISTIAN FELLOWSHIP
- Program Schedule: Food distribution - 8:30-11 a.m. on Wednesdays.
- Address: 5340 E. La Palma Ave, Anaheim, CA 92807
- Phone: 714-777-4777
YORBA LINDA FOOD FOR FAMILIES
- Program Schedule: Food distribution - 6-8 p.m. on even Tuesdays of the month and 10 a.m.-12 p.m. on odd Wednesdays of the month.
- Address: 4848 Main Street, Yorba Linda, CA 92886
- Phone: 714-777-2646
Grocery Shopping Assistance
Black Gold Golf Course
Islamic Center of Yorba Linda
The Islamic Center of Yorba Linda will drop of groceries to senior citizens and others in need. Three different packages are available (see below). Those in need should email firstname.lastname@example.org or text 714-584-3346 with which package they would like.
- Package 1: Rice, milk, eggs, fresh vegetables, cereal, cookies, canned beans, various fruit, tomato sauce, and cooking oil.
- Package 2: Bulk quantities of sugar, flour, cooking oil, etc.
- Package 3: Rice, lentils, oil, flour, sugar, and dates.
Visit the Senior Resources page of the City website to view a comprehensive list of services for seniors including the Senior Lunch Program, Meals on Wheels, and special grocery shopping hours for seniors.