COVID-19 Coronavirus MAIN PAGE
City of Yorba Linda’s response
The City of Yorba Linda is actively monitoring the situation involving the infectious disease outbreak of COVID-19 (Coronavirus). The lead national agency is the Federal Government. The Orange County Health Care Agency is the lead authority for all public health emergencies in our City and County. We are working closely with all jurisdictions including the California Department of Public Health and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) to respond to recent reports of the Coronavirus. At this time, we advise residents and businesses to follow all recommendations from the CDC as well as local advisories from the California Department of Public Health and the Orange County Health Care Agency.
Please visit the links below for resources and real-time information from these agencies:
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- California Department of Public Health
- Orange County Health Care Agency
- FEMA Rumor Control Website
Orange County Health Care Agency has established a health referral line to answer any medical questions from the public about COVID-19: 800-564-8448, seven days a week from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Residents can call the County Hotline to obtain information on County Resources: 833-426-6411. Through the hotline, callers can be connected to the following county agencies:
- Orange County Health Care Agency – Health Referral Line, Behavioral Health Resources
- Orange County Social Services Agency – Risk Benefits
- Orange County Office on Aging – Resources for Seniors
- Orange County District Attorney’s Office – Scams, Price Gouging
- County of Orange Emergency Operations Center Hotline – Non-Medical Questions
- View General Coronavirus Information Page, including background on the virus, national, federal, state, and county orders, and preventative measures.
CORONAVIRUS INFORMATION HOTLINE
To better serve our community, the City of Yorba Linda has launched a Coronavirus Information Hotline. Residents can speak with a City staff member by calling 714-984-5900 Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. to receive referrals to local services and non-medical information.
COMMUNICATING CITY UPDATES
The City of Yorba Linda will continue to update the community on current and potential facility closures, cancellations of City programming, and status of City services through the City’s website, Yorba Linda Connection E-newsletter, Notify Me, AlertOC, and social media channels. Please subscribe and follow all communication channels to get up-to-date information.
Status of CITY FACILITIES AND PROGRAMS
The City of Yorba Linda has been closely monitoring the impacts of COVID-19 (Coronavirus) in our region. Out of an abundance of caution and in alignment with orders from national federal, state, and Orange County officials, the City has modified access to facilities as well as canceled or postponed events and programming.
As part of our ongoing response to the evolving Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation and to ensure the health and safety of our community and staff, ALL Yorba Linda public City facilities are unavailable for walk-in business as of Wednesday, March 18, following Tuesday’s executive order (PDF) from the Orange County Health Care Agency to slow the transmission of COVID-19 (coronavirus). Facilities include:
- City Hall, Yorba Linda Community Center, Black Gold Golf Club, Thomas Lasorda Jr. Field House, Travis Ranch Activity Center, the Yorba Linda Public Library, and the Bryant Ranch Museum.
- City Parks: City of Yorba Linda parks remain open on a limited basis as long as social distancing is maintained; however, playgrounds, basketball courts, and park restrooms are now closed until further notice.
CITY EVENT AND PROGRAM CHANGES
The following events and programs have been canceled, postponed, or modified until further notice.
- All senior programs and Senior Club programs are canceled until further notice; however, the Trails Senior Mobility Bus will remain in operation.
- The City has arranged alternate methods for providing lunches for the Senior Lunch Program participants. View details on the Senior Lunch Program and other resources for seniors on the Senior Resources page.
- All recreation programs (contract classes, sports classes, teen programs, etc.) are canceled. Participants will receive full or prorated refunds.
- The following scheduled events have been canceled or postponed:
- Flashlight Egg Hunt
- Egg-Citement Hunt
- Family Fun Wilderness Hike
- Kids’ Community Swap Meet
- Movies in the Park (May 16)
- City of Yorba Linda adult sports leagues (soccer, basketball, softball) are postponed.
- Youth sports leagues are postponed.
- All private facility rental events are canceled through May 31. Staff will not be accepting new applications for facility rentals until after May 15.
- If you have questions, please contact the Parks and Recreation Department by email at YLPR@yorbalindaca.gov or by phone at 714-961-7160.
YORBA LINDA public LIBRARY Program Changes
- The Library is closed. All events and programs have been canceled.
- Please keep the items you have checked out. The book drops are closed.
- All due dates will be extended until the Library re-opens. All fines have been suspended.
- Library staff will respond to inquiries Monday- Friday, between the hours of 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. Please either email the Library at firstname.lastname@example.org, send a message on Facebook, or contact via the Library’s webpage.
- Library patrons are encouraged to make use of YLPL’s eLibrary and collection of digital resources. E-books and e-audiobooks for children and adults, magazines, music, and movies are available for free streaming and download. Students can also access free learning resources. These resources are accessible using your library card number and PIN.
- Please visit the Library’s website for current information.
STATUS OF CITY SERVICES
City of Yorba Linda officials continue to work hard to implement alternate plans to deliver City services that are impacted by the Governor’s recent order.
BUILDING AND COMMUNITY PRESERVATION
- Building inspections will continue to be conducted as normal for all exterior residential and commercial projects. In the interest of reducing potential COVID-19 transmission, building inspections will NOT be conducted on the interior of residences unless there is an immediate emergency/life safety situation.
- The Building Division has modified its methods for delivery of services due to Coronavirus. This includes a modified schedule and the addition of virtual inspections for some types of projects. For detailed information, please visit the Modified Building Operations during COVID-19 web page.
- Code enforcement officers will remain in the field responding to calls for service, with the exception that no interior inspections will be conducted at this time.
- Response times and production of records for Public Records Requests may be delayed as a result of limited staffing and City Hall closures during the ongoing COVID-19 national, state, and local emergency.
- The Planning Division has modified its methods for delivery of services due to Coronavirus. This includes a modified schedule and process for new land use entitlement project submittals and re-submittals as well as new and existing planning application submittals. For detailed information, please visit the Modified Planning Operations during COVID-19 web page.
- Planning Commission Meetings are continuing to be held, albeit on a limited basis depending on the number of items that are ready for a particular agenda to ensure timely processing of land use applications. Please discuss the Planning Commission scheduling of your project with your assigned Planner.
- Public Works maintenance and operations staff remain in the field responding to calls for service.
- To submit a service request, please submit via the website at www.yorbalindaca.gov/CRT or contact the Public Works Department at 714-961-7170.
- Public Works encroachment permit requests may be submitted to PWpermits@yorbalindaca.gov. More information can also be found on the Public Works page.
- Payments for business licenses can be made online.
- Yorba Linda Police Services will maintain essential public safety services, but the substation building is unavailable for public access.
- In the event of an emergency dial 9-1-1. For all other non-emergency matters, contact the Orange County Sheriff’s Department Dispatch at 714-647-7000.
- The Orange County Fire Authority has equipped vehicles with necessary supplies and is providing coordination, training, and distribution of information related to the event. They coordinate with healthcare providers in the area to ensure that if someone is exposed to COVID-19, that proper communication happens between the City and agencies that need to be involved, including healthcare providers, the CDC, and other regional authorities.
- Effective March 12, all Orange County Fire Authority facilities will be closed to the public. This includes all fire stations, headquarters, and Community Risk Reduction area offices. All station tours, school visits, and attendance at community events will be rescheduled or canceled.
City of Yorba Linda Contact Phone Numbers
City of Yorba Linda staff are available to virtually serve you. Please reference the phone numbers below for contact information for each Department/Division.
|Department/Division||Contact Phone Number|
|Coronavirus Information Hotline||714-984-5900 (Monday-Friday, 9 a.m.-5 p.m.)|
|Building Inspection Hotline||714-854-7411|
|Community Preservation/Code Enforcement||714-961-7138|
|Parks & Recreation||714-961-7160|
|Thomas Lasorda Jr. Field House||714-961-7192|
|Travis Ranch Activity Center||714-961-7167|
|Yorba Linda Community Center||714-961-7181|
Status of Public Meetings
- The Library Commission Meeting scheduled for April 2, 2020 is canceled.
- The Planning Commission Meetings scheduled for April 15 and 29, are canceled.