COVID-19 Coronavirus MAIN PAGE
Please be advised that due to the COVID-19 pandemic, City Hall is currently open on an appointment-only basis during our normal operating hours. Walk-up service and visits may not be accommodated. For City facilities and contact information, view our Contact Us page.
CITY OF YORBA LINDA’S RESPONSE
The City of Yorba Linda is actively monitoring the situation involving the infectious disease outbreak of COVID-19 (Novel Coronavirus). The lead national agency is the Federal Government. The Orange County Health Care Agency is the lead authority for all public health emergencies in our City and County. We are working closely with all jurisdictions including the California Department of Public Health and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention to respond to this pandemic. At this time, we advise residents and businesses to follow all recommendations from the CDC as well as guidance from the California Department of Public Health and the Orange County Health Care Agency.
Please visit the links below for resources and real-time information from these agencies:
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- California Department of Public Health (CDPH)
- Orange County Health Care Agency (HCA)
- Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) Rumor Control Website
- Orange County's Vaccination Website
- View General Coronavirus Information Page, including background on the virus, and preventative measures.
- Resources for Businesses
- Resources for the Community
- Resources for Seniors
- COVID-19 Vaccine Information
To better serve our community, the City of Yorba Linda has launched a Coronavirus Information Hotline. Residents can speak with a City staff member by calling 714-984-5900 Monday through Thursday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. to receive referrals to local services and non-medical information.
Residents can also call the Orange County Health Care Agency health referral line to receive answers to any medical questions from the public about COVID-19. Call 800-564-8448, seven days a week from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Residents can also call the County Hotline to obtain information on County Resources: Call 833-426-6411. Through the hotline, callers can be connected to the following county agencies:
- Orange County Health Care Agency – Health Referral Line,
- Behavioral Health Resources Orange County Social Services Agency – Risk Benefits
- Orange County Office on Aging – Resources for Seniors
- Orange County District Attorney’s Office – Scams, Price Gouging
- County of Orange Emergency Operations Center Hotline – Non-Medical Questions
For information about COVID-19 vaccination options, call 714-834-2000.
COMMUNICATING CITY UPDATES
The City of Yorba Linda will continue to update the community on current and potential facility closures, cancellations of City programming, and status of City services through the City’s website, Yorba Linda Connection E-newsletter, Notify Me, AlertOC, and social media channels. Please subscribe and follow all communication channels to get up-to-date information.
Status of CITY FACILITIES AND PROGRAMS
The City of Yorba Linda has been closely monitoring the impacts of COVID-19 (Coronavirus) in our region. Out of an abundance of caution and in alignment with orders from national federal, state, and Orange County officials, the City has modified access to facilities as well as canceled or postponed events and programming.
As part of our ongoing response to the evolving Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation and to ensure the health and safety of our community and staff, the following Yorba Linda public City facilities are operating on a modified basis:
- As of Monday, May 10, City Hall is open for walk-in customers during normal business hours.
- The Yorba Linda Public Library is currently open and operating under the State's guidance established for Retail Services.
- The Bryant Ranch Museum is closed to the public until further notice.
- The Thomas Lasorda Jr. Field House, Yorba Linda Community Center, Travis Ranch Activity Center, and Cultural Arts Center are open during prescheduled classes and activities.
- City Parks: The City of Yorba Linda's parks have remained open throughout the pandemic.
- Public outdoor park playgrounds are open.
- Reservations of picnic shelters and the amphitheater are now being accepted for events after June 1.
- Tennis and pickleball courts are open for use. Please observe the posted rules.
- Basketball courts are open. Please observe State Guidance for Outdoor and Indoor Youth and Recreational Adult Sports.
- Black Gold Golf Club: Black Gold Golf Club is open. Derricks Grille is serving customers indoors and on the patio. The pro shop is open. For more information, visit blackgoldgolf.com.
CITY EVENT AND PROGRAM CHANGES
The following events and programs have been canceled, postponed, or modified until further notice.
- Limited senior programming is available as determined by State guidance. Visit the Older Adult Programs page for an updated list of offerings. For more information, call 714-961-7181 or email SeniorServices@yorbalindaca.gov.
- The Parks and Recreation Department's senior transportation program, TRAILS, has transitioned to a new contractor and program. All rides are provided by taxis, providing a service with an expanded schedule for riders that is more flexible, including evenings and weekends, from 7:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Monday - Sunday. To register a new rider, please complete an application.
- The City has arranged alternate methods for providing lunches for the Senior Lunch Program participants. View details on the Senior Lunch Program and other resources for seniors on the Senior Resources page.
- City of Yorba Linda adult sports leagues have resumed games and league play as determined by State of California guidance for Indoor and Outdoor Youth and Adult Recreational Sports.
- Youth sports practices, conditioning, and games are allowed by State and County guidelines but must follow State Guidance for Indoor and Outdoor Youth and Adult Recreational Sports.
- Visit the Parks and Recreation Department’s Virtual Recreation Center for resources to provide fun, fitness, arts, education, and enrichment while at home.
- If you have questions, please contact the Parks and Recreation Department by email at YLPR@yorbalindaca.gov or by phone at 714-961-7160.
YORBA LINDA public LIBRARY Program Changes
- The Yorba Linda Public Library is open for Grab & Go service including holds pick-up, browsing library materials, and self-service computer use. Seating and study rooms will be phased in at a later date per California State Guidelines. Visit ylpl.org for more information.
- Library patrons are encouraged to make use of YLPL’s eLibrary and collection of digital resources. E-books and e-audiobooks for children and adults, magazines, music, and movies are available for free streaming and download. Students can also access free learning resources. These resources are accessible using your library card number and PIN.
- Please visit the Library’s website for more information.
STATUS OF CITY SERVICES
City of Yorba Linda officials continue to work hard to implement alternate plans to deliver City services that are impacted by the Governor’s recent order.
BUILDING AND COMMUNITY PRESERVATION
- The Building Division has modified its methods for delivery of services due to Coronavirus. This includes online plan checking for some projects and options for virtual inspections for some types of residential projects. For detailed information, please visit the Modified Building Operations during COVID-19 web page.
- Code enforcement officers will remain in the field responding to calls for service.
- Response times and production of records for Public Records Requests may be delayed as a result of remote staff scheduling during the ongoing COVID-19 state of emergency.
- The Planning Division has modified its methods for delivery of services due to Coronavirus. This includes a modified process for new land use entitlement project submittals and re-submittals as well as new and existing planning application submittals. For detailed information, please visit the Modified Planning Operations during COVID-19 web page.
- Planning Commission Meetings continue to be held, albeit on a limited basis depending on the number of items that are ready for a particular agenda to ensure timely processing of land use applications. Please discuss the Planning Commission scheduling of your project with your assigned Planner.
- Temporary Outdoor Dining/Operations Expansion for Businesses – to assist with the rapid re-opening of restaurants, the City has relaxed normal zoning regulations and will utilize the Temporary Use Permit (TUP) provisions in the Zoning Code to streamline approval of expanded outdoor operations and dining requests. The TUP application process is a free, one-page application that requires a basic level of information explaining the time, place, and manner characteristics of the proposed outdoor dining use. For detailed information, please visit the Modified Planning Operations during COVID-19 web page.
- Public Works maintenance and operations staff remain in the field responding to calls for service.
- To submit a service request, please submit via the website at www.yorbalindaca.gov/CRT or contact the Public Works Department at 714-961-7170.
- Public Works encroachment permit requests may be submitted to PWpermits@yorbalindaca.gov. More information can also be found on the Public Works page.
- Payments for business licenses can be made online.
- Yorba Linda Police Services will maintain essential public safety services. The substation building is currently not available for public access.
- In the event of an emergency dial 9-1-1. For all other non-emergency matters, contact the Orange County Sheriff’s Department Dispatch at 714-647-7000.
- The Orange County Fire Authority has equipped vehicles with necessary supplies and is providing coordination, training, and distribution of information related to the event. They coordinate with healthcare providers in the area to ensure that if someone is exposed to COVID-19, that proper communication happens between the City and agencies that need to be involved, including healthcare providers, the CDC, and other regional authorities.
- All Orange County Fire Authority facilities will be closed to the public. This includes all fire stations, headquarters, and Community Risk Reduction area offices. All station tours, school visits, and attendance at community events will be rescheduled or canceled.
City of Yorba Linda Contact Phone Numbers
City of Yorba Linda staff are available to virtually serve you. Please reference the phone numbers below for contact information for each Department/Division.
|Department/Division||Contact Phone Number|
|Coronavirus Information Hotline||714-984-5900 (Monday-Thursday, 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.)|
|Building Inspection Hotline||714-854-7411|
|Community Preservation/Code Enforcement||714-961-7138|
|Parks & Recreation||714-961-7160|
|Thomas Lasorda Jr. Field House||714-961-7192|
|Travis Ranch Activity Center||714-961-7167|
|Yorba Linda Community Center||714-961-7181|
Status of Public Meetings
Please be advised that in accordance with Governor Gavin Newsom’s Executive Orders N-25-20 and N-29-20, all public City Council meetings and Commission meetings will be conducted electronically to promote social distancing during the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. In order to ensure the safety of the public, City Council and staff, in-person public participation at public meetings will not be allowed during the time period covered by the above-referenced Executive Orders. Instead, members of the public can watch televised City Council meetings, view City Council meetings online via the City’s website, or access audio recordings of Commission meetings.
Public Comment for City Council Meetings
For special information about submitting a written public comment, or verbally submitting a public comment telephonically for City Council Meetings during the COVID-19 pandemic, please visit our City Council Meetings page.
PUBLIC COMMENT FOR COMMISSION MEETINGS
Information about how to submit a public comment to a commission meeting during the COVID-19 pandemic can be found on each Commission's home page.