Thank you for your interest in teaching classes with the City of Yorba Linda’s Parks and Recreation Department. The City of Yorba Linda strives to provide quality programs, family events, and community services that build community pride and support the economic and environmental sustainability of Yorba Linda.
We are always seeking qualified instructors to join our team! The ideal contract class instructor is an expert in their field and passionate about sharing their talents with others. Teaching experience is not required, however, instructors must be certified to teach a licensed program, if required (ex: Zumba). Before completing and submitting your class proposals, review the Proposal Tips and General Information sections listed below. More information on the program can be found in the Contract Class Instructors Information Manual (PDF).
Classes At The Yorba Linda Cultural Arts Center
With the recent opening of the Yorba Linda Cultural Arts Center, the City of Yorba Linda is seeking new instructors to expand the Parks and Recreation Department's contract class program. Featuring a flexible Black Box Theater space, arts studio with adjoining arts yard, dance studio, and music room, the Arts Center is well-equipped to host a variety of specialty arts and fitness classes. Contract Instructors are independent contractors of the City of Yorba Linda who create their own class curriculum and set their own class schedule and fees. The Parks and Recreation Department markets contract classes through its quarterly publication, The Guide, its online registration website, YLRecOnline.com, and through its other marketing channels.
If you are interested in offering a class through the Parks and Recreation Department, please compete an Instructor Interest Form. For additional information, contact the Parks and Recreation Department at 714-961-7160 or by email.
- Contract Instructors are independent contractors of the City of Yorba Linda and are held to a high expectation of providing first class services and classes to the community. An Independent Contract Instructor creates their class curriculum, provides supplies, provides staffing, sets their own schedule and fees.
- Class fees are established by the contract instructor. The instructor will be compensated an agreed upon rate, typically 60% of the revenue received from the class for classes held at a City facility or 70% of the revenue received from the classes for classes held at a privately owned facility. All instructors are required to submit a W-9 form if they will be offering a class with the City of Yorba Linda.
- All contract instructors are required to undergo a criminal background check by a Live Scan service provider verified by the Department of Justice.
- All contract instructors are required to provide $1 million commercial liability insurance per occurrence as outlined in the Insurance Requirements (PDF). If your homeowner’s or business insurance company does not offer this coverage, then insurance can be purchased through the City of Yorba Linda.
- Independent Contractors offer a general service to the public and are required to abide by the terms of their contract agreement with the agency for which they are providing the service.
- Prospective instructors must be over the age of 18 years old, have experience in the proposed course field, must demonstrate the ability to meet the growing needs of the community and be willing to offer classes for various skill levels and age groups.
Class Proposal Documents
Instructors must be over the age of 18 years old, have experience in the proposed course field, must demonstrate the ability to meet the growing needs of the community and be willing to offer classes for various skill levels and age groups. New instructors are required to submit the following information no later than the published timeline listed below:
- Preschool: Birth-5 years
- Youth: 5-13 years
- Teen: 13-17 years
- Adult: 18+ years
- Older Adult: 55 years @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- Dog Training
- Fitness & Sports
- Performing Arts @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- Complete each of the class proposal documents listed above for each course you are interested in offering.
- Class proposal documents may be submitted by mail, email, or walk-in to:
Yorba Linda City Hall Parks and Recreation Department
Attn: Contract Class Proposal
4845 Casa Loma Avenue
Yorba Linda, CA 92886
Email Contract Classes
Contact: Julio Palacios, Recreation Coordinator
Email Julio Palacios