Mayor Carlos Rodriguez
- Mayor, 2022
- Mayor Pro Tem, 2021
- City Council, 2018-Present
About Mayor Rodriguez
Mayor Carlos Rodriguez brings over two decades of public and private sector experience to the City Council with extensive knowledge of managing a balanced budget, supervising staff, and successfully leading organizations.
Mayor Rodriguez brings a wealth of experience from the public and private sector to his service on the City Council. He currently serves as the Chief Executive Officer of the Building Industry Association of Southern California Baldy View Chapter. His professional experience also includes years of collaborating with a variety of businesses and federal, state, and local government agencies while serving as a senior executive of a statewide public affairs firm. Mayor Rodriguez also worked in Sacramento as a senior communications director in the California State Senate, where he advised legislators on media relations and helped craft public information materials. Additionally, he served as an adjunct faculty member and taught communication courses at California State University, Fullerton.
Mayor Rodriguez earned his undergraduate degree at California State University, San Bernardino; and his Master of Arts Degree from California State University, Fullerton.
If you ask Mayor Rodriguez, he will tell you that “husband” and “father” are the two most important titles in his life. Mayor Rodriguez and his wife, Rhonda, are the proud parents of two children, Ryan and Rebekah.
Regional Government & Committee Involvement
- South Coast Air Quality Management District Governing Board
- Southern California Association of Governments – Transportation Committee
- Appointee to the Housing, Economic Development, Jobs and Opportunity Zone Ad Hoc Committee by California State Treasurer Fiona Ma
- League of California Cities – Orange County Division
- Placentia-Yorba Linda Unified School District Committee
- Parks and Recreation Commissioner, City of Yorba Linda
- California Commission on Aging
Achievements & Awards
- Awarded “Corporate Advocate of the Year” from California Hispanic Chamber of Commerce (2006).