Mayor Pro Tem Beth Haney
Mayor Pro Tem
- Mayor Pro Tem, 2019
- City Council, 2016-Present
About Mayor pro tem Haney
Mayor Pro Tem Dr. Beth Haney serves the community with the goal of promoting communication, health, public safety, and homelessness awareness. She is also a strong supporter of responsible growth for Yorba Linda, meaning preserving open space, trails, and public areas while enhancing vital business opportunities for the benefit of the community.
Dr. Haney is a 14-year resident of Yorba Linda who was born in Anaheim and grew up in Placentia until she and her family moved to Yucaipa when she was 12 years old.
Dr. Haney is a board-certified family nurse practitioner and since 2006, she has been the owner and founder of a private aesthetics and wellness practice in Yorba Linda. Beth is well known in the industry for her expertise and regulatory acumen; consequently, serving as an expert witness in a variety of legal cases in both primary care and aesthetics. She has many years of experience working with stakeholders in Sacramento and Washington DC regarding legislation affecting health care and nurse practitioners.
She is also a former long-time Assistant Clinical Professor of Nursing Science at University of California, Irvine (UCI), where she developed the first and only UCI inter-professional aesthetic courses for health care professionals. Currently, she works in college health at UCI and lectures at state and national conferences on primary-care, aesthetics, obesity, leadership, and business.
Dr. Haney received her Doctorate of Nurse Practice (DNP) at the University of Colorado, Colorado Springs in 2010. She graduated from Loma Linda University in 2000 with her undergraduate degree and Master of Science Degree in Nursing.
Mayor Pro Tem Haney and her husband, Mike, have been married for 14 years and have 2 adorable cairn terriers, Olive and Jenson. Mayor Pro Tem Haney and her husband enjoy the outdoors and spend time in high elevations of the John Muir Wilderness, run marathons, scuba dive, and travel.
Regional Government / Committee Involvement
- City of Yorba Linda Finance Committee
- Orange County Waste Management Commission
- Association of California Cities – Orange County
- Trauma Intervention Program
- Past President, California Association for Nurse Practitioners
- Board Member, Orange County YMCA, (2014 - 2018)
- Headed the 2017 and 2018 National Nurse Practitioner Week proclamations in Yorba Linda, Newport Beach, Anaheim, Irvine, Costa Mesa, Tustin, Huntington Beach, La Habra, Los Alamitos, Laguna Niguel, Mission Viejo, Rancho Santa Margarita, Garden Grove, and Orange
- Member, Yorba Linda Chamber of Commerce
- Member, Yorba Linda Woman’s Club
Achievements & Awards
- Author of Be You-T-Full: Looking Your Best with Botox, lasers and other magical cosmetic treatments (2012), a book on aesthetic procedures
- Recipient of the Nurse Practitioner Distinction Award (2018)
- Inducted as a Fellow of the American Academy of Nurse Practitioners for her work in policy and education (2016)
- Author of two chapters in Dermatology Nursing Essentials: A Core Curriculum, 3rd Edition (Wolters Kluwer, 2016)
- Recipient of University of California, Irvine’s Faculty of the Year (2013)
- Author of several peer-reviewed articles for advanced practice journals
- Writing a nursing textbook on aesthetic procedures, available late 2019