Mayor Tara Campbell
- Mayor, 2019, 2024
- Mayor Pro Tem, 2018, 2023
- City Council, 2016-Present
About Tara Campbell
Mayor Tara Campbell has served on the Yorba Linda City Council since 2016, including serving as Mayor in 2019 making her the youngest female Mayor in California history. As a lifelong Yorba Linda resident, she is a strong advocate for public safety, fiscal responsibility, technology, and communication.
Mayor Campbell currently works at the County of Orange on issues related to public safety, public health, transportation, infrastructure, and homelessness. Prior to her work at the County of Orange, Mayor Campbell worked for the California State Assembly in North Orange County, coordinating special events, including Child Safety Fairs, Small Business Boost Seminars, Senior Health Fairs, and more.
Mayor Campbell received her Master of Public Administration, along with a Certificate of Public Policy from the University of Southern California (USC). She also received Bachelor of Arts Degrees in Political Science and Broadcast and Digital Journalism from USC. She is proud to bring her education back to her hometown.
Mayor Campbell was born and raised in Yorba Linda. She attended St. Francis of Assisi Catholic School in Yorba Linda before heading to Rosary Academy in Fullerton. Mayor Campbell’s family has lived in Yorba Linda for over 35 years.
Regional Government/Committee Involvement
- Association of California Cities - Orange County
- Community Advisory Board (CAB) - Bridges at Kraemer Place
- Placentia-Yorba Linda Unified School District
- For Families of Active Military, Advisory Board Member
- High Ground Youth & Family Services, Board Member
- Rosary Academy Consultative School Board, Board Member
- Marian Bergeson Excellence in Public Service Series, Board Member
- Placentia-Yorba Linda Meals on Wheels
- St. Martin De Porres Catholic Church, Yorba Linda, Lector
- Yorba Linda Chamber of Commerce
- Yorba Linda Girl Scouts
- Yorba Linda Woman’s Club
- Yorba Linda National Charity League
- Yorba Linda Parks and Recreation Commission, Chairwoman
- Yorba Linda Public Library One Book, One City Committee
- Yorba Linda Sports Advisory Committee
- Yorba Linda Sunrise Rotary Club
Achievements & Awards
- Youngest female Mayor in United States history with a population of more than 30,000 (2019)
- Youngest female Mayor in California history
- OC Register's 100 Most Influential People of 2019
- Orange County Superior Court Leadership Academy, Graduate
- Great Irvine Chamber of Commerce's 40 Under 40