Council Member Tara Campbell
- City Council, 2016-Present
- Mayor, 2019
- Mayor Pro Tem, 2018
About Tara Campbell
Councilwoman Tara Campbell has served on the Yorba Linda City Council since 2016, including serving as Mayor in 2019 making her the youngest female Mayor in California history. As a lifelong Yorba Linda resident, she is a strong advocate for public safety, fiscal responsibility, technology, and communication.
Councilwoman Campbell currently works at the County of Orange on issues related to public safety, public health, transportation, infrastructure, and homelessness. Prior to her work at the County of Orange, Councilwoman Campbell worked for the California State Assembly in North Orange County coordinating special events including Child Safety Fairs, Small Business Boost Seminars, Senior Health Fairs, and more.
Councilwoman Campbell received her Master of Public Administration, along with a Certificate of Public Policy from the University of Southern California (USC). She also received Bachelor of Arts Degrees in Political Science and Broadcast and Digital Journalism from USC. She is proud to bring her education back to her hometown.
Councilwoman Campbell was born and raised in Yorba Linda. She attended St. Francis of Assisi Catholic School in Yorba Linda, before heading to Rosary Academy in Fullerton. Councilwoman Campbell’s family has lived in Yorba Linda for over 35 years. She enjoys playing basketball in Yorba Linda’s Adult Women’s Basketball League and spending time with her family, especially her nieces, Emma and Parker.
Regional Government / Committee Involvement
- Association of California Cities - Orange County
- Community Advisory Board (CAB) - Bridges at Kraemer Place
- Placentia-Yorba Linda Unified School District
- Trauma Intervention Program (TIP)
- Santa Ana River Flood Protection Agency
- Advisory Board Member, For Families of Active Military
- Board Member, Marian Bergeson Excellence in Public Service Series
- Legislative Committee, California Women’s Leadership Association
- Placentia-Yorba Linda Meals on Wheels
- Senior Lunch Program, Yorba Linda
- Lector, St. Martin De Porres Catholic Church, Yorba Linda
- Yorba Linda Chamber of Commerce
- Yorba Linda Girl Scouts
- Yorba Linda Woman’s Club
- Yorba Linda National Charity League
- Yorba Linda Parks and Recreation Commission, Chairwoman
- Yorba Linda Public Library One Book, One City Committee
- Yorba Linda Sports Advisory Committee
Achievements & Awards
- Youngest female Mayor in United States history with a population of more than 30,000 (2019)
- Youngest female Mayor in California history
- OC Register's 100 Most Influential People of 2019
- Orange County Superior Court Leadership Academy, Graduate