Citizen of the Year
Since 2004, the City of Yorba Linda has honored a member of the community who provides uncommon and outstanding volunteer service, devoting his or her time and talent to making our community a better place to live and work through the Citizen of the Year recognition.
Mayor Peggy Huang and the City of Yorba Linda are currently accepting nominations for the 2021 Citizen of the Year recognition. Please help us honor our local heroes whose selfless dedication to serving others stands as the ultimate example for all of us to follow.
- Nominee must be an individual residing in Yorba Linda;
- Nominee must currently participate in humanitarian/volunteer activities that make a difference in the City of Yorba Linda and/or the community at large. Special consideration will be given to nominees whose volunteer work directly benefits Yorba Linda and/or brings significant recognition to the City;
- Nominee must be an exceptional role model and have an active interest in the betterment of Yorba Linda; and
- Nominee may not be a current City of Yorba Linda employee or a current elected or appointed official.
To nominate an individual for the 2021 Citizen of the Year, the nominator must submit:
- The downloadable Citizen of the Year Nomination Form (PDF), which can also be submitted through the Online Citizen of the Year Nomination Form;
- A letter (no more than one page) stating the nominee’s qualifications; and
- Any additional documentation to support the nomination (e.g., information about awards received, the nominee’s resume, news articles on the nominee, video clips citing community involvement, etc.).
Citizen of the Year nomination forms, nomination letters, and any supporting documentation must be received by 11:59 p.m. on Monday, September 6, 2021. Please be sure to include all requested information. Information may be submitted:
- Electronically through the online Citizen of the Year Nomination Form;
- In-person at City Hall, 4845 Casa Loma Avenue, Yorba Linda, CA 92886;
- By mail to City of Yorba Linda, Attn: Geoff Spencer, 4845 Casa Loma Avenue, Yorba Linda, CA 92886; or
- By submitting the application by email.
- Completed nomination forms received by the deadline will be carefully reviewed by the Mayor’s Blue Ribbon Committee, which is comprised of the Mayor and a representative from each of the City’s four Commissions.
- The Committee will consider all nominees who meet or exceed the nomination criteria and will then select the 2021 Citizen of the Year.
- In early October, notification letters will be sent to all nominators and the recipient will be notified.
- The individual selected as this year’s recipient will be honored at the Mayor’s State of the City Address held on Wednesday, October 20, 2021 at the Nixon Presidential Library and Birthplace.
For additional information, please contact Geoff Spencer at 714-961-7113 or send him an email. You may also download the Citizen of the Year Nomination Information Sheet (PDF).
|2020||Cindy De Mint|