Citizen of the Year
Since 2004, the City of Yorba Linda has honored a member of the community who provides uncommon and outstanding volunteer service, devoting his or her time and talent to making our community a better place to live and work through the Citizen of the Year recognition.
Nominations for the 2021 Citizen of the Year are no longer being accepted as the deadline for nominations has now passed. The City looks forward to announcing the 2021 Citizen of the Year in October at the State of the City Address. For more information about the nomination criteria that will be used to select the Citizen of the Year, please review the information below:
- Nominee must be an individual residing in Yorba Linda;
- Nominee must currently participate in humanitarian/volunteer activities that make a difference in the City of Yorba Linda and/or the community at large. Special consideration will be given to nominees whose volunteer work directly benefits Yorba Linda and/or brings significant recognition to the City;
- Nominee must be an exceptional role model and have an active interest in the betterment of Yorba Linda; and
- The nominee may not be a current City of Yorba Linda employee or a current elected or appointed official.
- Completed nomination forms received by the deadline will be carefully reviewed by the Mayor’s Blue Ribbon Committee, which is comprised of the Mayor and a representative from each of the City’s four Commissions.
- The Committee will consider all nominees who meet or exceed the nomination criteria and will then select the 2020 Citizen of the Year.
- In early October, notification letters will be sent to all nominators and the recipient will be notified.
- The individual selected as this year’s recipient will be honored at the Mayor’s State of the City Address held on Wednesday, October 20, 2021 at the Nixon Presidential Library and Birthplace.
For additional information, please contact Geoff Spencer at 714-961-7113 or send him an email.
|2020||Cindy De Mint|