Since 1983, Adventure Playground has offered summer camp opportunities and school-year programming to children throughout Yorba Linda. Adventure Playground is a unique site that provides children with an open space to play freely, where their imagination inspires the creation of activities, building structures and forts, and games. Adventure Playground's renovation was completed in 2023 and is a 2.5-acre site that features a play structure, splash pad, waterslide, zipline, wiffleball field, fort building area, covered shelter, onsite restrooms, and other amenities. The site can be divided into two areas, a northern and a southern section, to create flexibility for programs and special events while still providing public access on a year-round basis.
Adventure Playground is free and open to the public seven days a week during operating hours. Reservations are required for Saturdays and Sundays. All days, times, and availability of certain play features are subject to change or closure (i.e. inclement weather).
Hours of Operation
November 6 through mid-March
The Following Dates Have Modified Hours of Operation or Closures for the Site:
- Thanksgiving Day, Thursday, November 23: CLOSED
- Day after Thanksgiving, Friday, November 24: CLOSED
- Sunday, December 24 to Monday, January 1: CLOSED
- Martin Luther King Jr. Day, Monday, January 15: CLOSED
- President's Day, Monday, February 19: CLOSED
- Saturday & Sunday, March 9 & 10: CLOSED
- Memorial Day, Monday, May 27: CLOSED
Reservations are required to attend On Saturdays And Sundays Only. Reservations are made online at www.YLRecOnline.com. Reservations are not required if you plan to attend Monday through Friday.
- Reservations are limited to no more than eight individuals and one reservation per day.
- All individuals must create an account on www.YLRecOnline.com to complete the reservation process.
- Residents can reserve up to two weeks in advance.
- Non-residents can reserve up to two days in advance.
- Reservations must be made at least 24 hours in advance. Same day reservations are not accepted.
- Reservations provide entry into the park during the time slot reserved and guests may remain at the park throughout the remainder of the day.
- Visit www.YLRecOnline.com.
- Sign in or Create a new account.
- Select the Facilities option.
- Select the Adventure Playground Entry Reservation option.
- Select the date of the preferred reservation.
a. If the reservation grid is shaded gray, then reservations are not accepted that day (M-F), or reservations for that day and time slot are fully reserved.
- Select the preferred timeslot.
- Use the plus sign (+) to select the number of guests in your party (please include adults and children; a maximum of 8 attendees are allowed). Add an event name (name of the main contact for reservation).
- Click Confirm bookings.
- The time slot reserved allows guests entry to the park anytime during the hour selected. Guests may remain at the park throughout the remainder of the day.
- Agree to the waiver section and Select the Reserve button to complete your entry reservation to Adventure Playground.
- Have a digital or hard copy of your Reservation Permit or Receipt with you on the day of your reservation.
Parking is available at the following locations listed below. Please do not park on the residential streets off Casa Loma Avenue. Traffic and parking will be strictly monitored and enforced. A parking map for Adventure Playground can be viewed here.
Regulations for Adventure Playground are set forth within Yorba Linda Municipal Code section 12.20 along with the following:
- Adventure Playground is designed for children of all ages to enjoy, and adult supervision is strongly encouraged. Children 10 and under must be accompanied by an adult. All visitors must adhere to posted guidelines for use of the playground, waterslides, splash pad, and other amenities.
- No personal tables, tents, umbrellas, or canopies.
- No personal speakers/amplified sound.
- No gum or nuts/shells.
- No electronic toys, cars, or vehicles.
- No pets.
- No glass containers.
- Swim diapers are required for water features for children not potty trained.
- No parties, organized activities, or groups of over 8 people.
- Groups interested in coordinating organized group (over 8 people) activities may reserve a picnic area at Hurless Barton Park. Reservations can be completed online at www.YLRecOnline.com or at Yorba Linda City Hall.
- Additional rules and regulations may apply as posted on signage at the site.
A full list of rules is posted on the site and can be viewed online: Waterslide Rules (PDF).
- All riders must be at least 48" tall
- Maximum rider weight is 300 pounds
- Warning: Water depth is 3 feet 6 inches
- Non-swimmers are not permitted
- Only one rider at a time.
- No tubes, mats, or life jackets are permitted.
- No combs or foreign objects are allowed in pockets, and no jewelry can be worn while riding the slide. No cut-off jeans or swimwear with exposed zippers, buckles, rivets, or metal ornamentation.