- City Hall
- Parks & Recreation
- Adventure Playground
About Adventure Playground
Since 1983, Adventure Playground has offered summer camp opportunities and school-year programming to children throughout Yorba Linda. Adventure Playground is a unique site that provides children with an open space to play freely, where their imagination inspires the creation of activities, building structures and forts, and games. Adventure Playground's renovation was completed in 2023 and is a 2.5-acre site that features a play structure, splash pad, waterslide, zipline, wiffleball field, fort building area, covered shelter, onsite restrooms, and other amenities. The site can be divided into two areas, a northern and a southern section, to create flexibility for programs and special events while still providing public access on a year-round basis.
Reservations are required to attend On Saturdays And Sundays Only.
Reservations are required to enter Adventure Playground on Saturdays and Sundays. Reservations are made online at www.YLRecOnline.com. Reservations are not required if you plan to attend Monday-Friday.
- Reservations are limited to no more than 8 individuals per group and one reservation per day.
- All individuals must create an account on www.YLRecOnline.com to complete the reservation process.
- Residents can reserve up to two weeks in advance.
- Non-residents can reserve up to two days in advance.
- Reservations provide entry into the park during the time slot reserved and guests may remain at the park throughout the remainder of day.
- Visit www.YLRecOnline.com.
- Sign in or Create a new account.
- Select the Facilities option.
- Select the Adventure Playground Entry Reservation option.
- Select the date of the preferred reservation.
- Select the preferred timeslot.
- Use the plus sign (+) to select the number of guests in your party (please include adults and children; maximum of 8 attendees are allowed). Add an event name (name of main contact for reservation).
- Click Confirm bookings.
- The time slot reserved provides guests entry to the park anytime throughout the hour selected. Guests may remain at the park throughout the remainder of the day.
- Agree to the waiver section and Select the Reserve button to complete your entry reservation to Adventure Playground.
- Have a digital or hard copy of your Reservation Permit or Receipt with you on the day of your reservation.
Parking is available at the following locations listed below. Please do not park on the residential streets off of Casa Loma Avenue. Traffic and parking will be strictly monitored and enforced.
- Thomas Lasorda Jr. Field House: 4701 Casa Loma Avenue
- Hurless Barton Park: 4601 Casa Loma Avenue
- Yorba Linda Community Center: 4501 Casa Loma Avenue
- Yorba Linda City Hall: 4845 Casa Loma Avenue
General Hours Of Operation
Adventure Playground is free and open to the public during the operating hours listed below. All days, times, and availability of certain play features of the park are subject to change or closure (i.e. inclement weather).
Please note, the following dates have modified hours of operation or closures for the site.
- Sunday, June 4: Closed.
- Thursday, June 8: Opens at 5:00 p.m. and closes at dusk.
- Monday, June 12 - Friday, June 16: Closed.
- Monday, July 3: Closed.
- Tuesday, July 4: Closed.
- Thursday, October 5: Opens at 5:00 p.m. and closes at dusk.
Spring (Mid-March To June 11)
- Monday-Friday: 10:00 a.m. to dusk, approximately 7:00 p.m.
- The waterslide will not be open on weekdays.
- Saturday & Sunday: 10:00 a.m. to dusk, approximately 7:00 p.m.
- The waterslide will be open from 12:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Summer (June 19 To Late August)
Adventure Playground Summer Camp will be in operation and will utilize the entire site until 5 p.m. on weekdays. During non-camp hours, the southern section of the park, including the splash pad, will be open for public access during the following days and times:
- Monday-Friday: 5:00 p.m. to dusk, approximately 7:45 p.m.
- The waterslide will be open until 7:30 p.m.
- Saturday & Sunday: 10:00 a.m. to dusk, approximately 7:45 p.m.
- The waterslide will be open 12:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
Regulations for Adventure Playground are set forth within Yorba Linda Municipal Code section 12.20 along with the following:
- Adventure Playground is designed for children of all ages to enjoy, and adult supervision is strongly encouraged. Children 10 and under must be accompanied by an adult. All visitors must adhere to posted guidelines for use of the playground, waterslides, splash pad, and other amenities.
- No personal tables, tents, umbrellas, or canopies.
- No personal speakers/amplified sound.
- No gum or nuts/shells.
- No electronic toys, cars, or vehicles.
- No pets.
- No glass containers.
- Swim diapers are required for water features for children not potty trained.
- No parties, organized activities, or groups of over 8 people.
- Groups interested in coordinating organized group (over 8 people) activities may reserve a picnic area at Hurless Barton Park. Reservations can be completed online at www.YLRecOnline.com or at Yorba Linda City Hall.
- Additional rules and regulations may apply as posted on signage at the site.
A full list of rules is posted on the site and can be viewed online: Waterslide Rules (PDF).
- All riders must be at least 48" tall
- Maximum rider weight is 300 pounds
- Warning: Water depth is 3 feet 6 inches
- Non-swimmers are not permitted
- Only one rider at a time.
- No tubes, mats, or life jackets are permitted.
- No combs or foreign objects are allowed in pockets, and no jewelry can be worn while riding the slide. No cut-off jeans or swimwear with exposed zippers, buckles, rivets, or metal ornamentation.