The City's Municipal Code is designed to protect the residential atmosphere of your neighborhood as well as to prevent unsafe and unsightly use of property. By reporting violations of our codes, you allow us to work together to achieve the quality of life everyone wants to enjoy in Yorba Linda.
REQUIREMENTS / RESTRICTIONS
- Vehicles may be parked on a public street for 72 hours, unless otherwise prohibited. This is enforced by the Orange County Sheriff's Department.
- Vehicles on public streets must be in operable condition and have current tags and registration. If not, they may be cited and/or towed away.
- A vehicle cannot block the public sidewalk, street, or alley.
- Large commercial trucks and trailers cannot be parked in any residential neighborhood except when actively loading or unloading.
- Only emergency roadside vehicle repairs may be made to a vehicle parked on the public street, sidewalk, or alley.
- Motor homes, campers or trailers may not be used for living or sleeping quarters.
- Automobiles, motor homes, trailers, campers, and boats may not be stored on public roadways.
Issues related to vehicle parking on public streets can be called in 24 hours a day to the Orange County Sheriff's Department at 714-647-7000. Issues related to vehicle parking on privately-owned property may be reported to the Community Preservation Division Hotline at 714- 961-7138.