There are special requirements for construction and placement of business signs. These codes are designed for safety and appearance:
- Any permanent sign requires a Sign Permit, which can be obtained from the Planning Division. For information, please call 714-961-7130.
- Temporary banner signs require a permit and are subject to specific regulations related to the size and length of time the banner may be displayed. You must submit a Temporary Use Permit Application (PDF) for a temporary banner.
- Signs on public property are not permitted. This includes public buildings, walls, bridges, hydrants, trees, street signs, traffic signs, utility poles, utility equipment boxes, etc.
- Sign twisters and other human directional signs are not permitted.
- Real estate signs are subject to specific regulations related to size, number and placement. For further information, please refer to the Real Estate Sign Regulations (PDF)..