Upcoming Family Fun & Special Events
The Parks and Recreation Department is proud to offer a variety of special events geared towards the entire family. These events help to meet the Department’s Vision Plan by enhancing the leisure time quality of life expectations for all who live and visit Yorba Linda. Please contact the Parks and Recreation Department at 714-961-7160 for more information.
movies in the park
Invite your friends and family to join us at the park to watch family friendly movies (PG) on a 20 ft inflatable movie screen. Seating is available on the lawn so bring a blanket or a low lawn chair.
Dates: Saturday Evenings, April 13 - September 21
Time: Movies begin at dusk
Cost: Free Event
- April 13 - Incredibles 2 - Hurless Barton Park
- May 18 - Ralph Breaks the Internet - Hurless Barton Park
- June 15 - Smallfoot - Eastside Park
- July 20 - The Lego Movie: The Second Part - Hurless Barton Park
- August 17 - How to Train Your Dragon: Hidden World - Travis Ranch Youth Park
- September 21 - Wonder Park - Hurless Barton Park
July 4th spectacular
Celebrate Independence Day with food, games, live music and a spectacular fireworks show! You don't want to miss this annual event! View the July 4th Event Flyer (PDF) for further information.
Date: Thursday, July 4, 2019
Time: 5:00-9:20 p.m.
Location: Veterans Park & Yorba Linda Middle School
Apply to Sing!
New this year - Apply to sing the National Anthem and/or God Bless America! If you have always wanted to sing on the Yorba Linda stage, this is your chance! We are taking applications for solos, groups or duos to sing the National Anthem in front of nearly 10,000 people! For more information view the Audition Invite Flyer (PDF) or Online Audition Application.
concerts in the park
Pack a picnic basket and come on down to the park for some great music! Seating is available on the grass so bring your own chairs and blankets.
Dates: Sundays, July 21 - August 25
Time: 5:30-7:00 PM
Location: Hurless Barton Park
- July 21 - Tijuana Dogs (Rock N Roll)
- July 28 - Surf's Up (Beach Boys Tribute)
- August 4 - Hot August Night (Neil Diamond Tribute)
- August 11 - Yachty By Nature (Soft Rock from the 70's & 80's)
- August 18 - R.E Mitation (REM Tribute)
- August 25 - The Country Club (Country Rock)
One of the fastest growing sports is available throughout the year at Brush Canyon Park on the basketball courts. This is a drop-in, first come, first served activity. Portable pickleball nets are available to be moved and placed on the basketball court that is lined for pickleball. Bring your own paddles and balls and have fun.
Sat May 18
Tue May 21
Sat Jun. 1
Sat Jun. 15
Sun Jun. 16