Filing a Claim

Claims for damages are filed at Yorba Linda's City Clerk's Office and processed by the Administration Department. The process of filing a claim against the City of Yorba Linda is governed by state law. Once filed with the City Clerk, a claim is forwarded to the Administration Department, where it will be reviewed for completeness and timeliness.


A copy of estimates for repair is generally necessary to process a claim. There are exceptions to this requirement, but it is better to provide them when available, along with any supporting photographs of the damage for review.


The Administration Department researches information from the department that is responsible for the issue involved in the claim. Every effort is made to acquire the necessary information in a timely manner. However, it is not unusual for this to take several weeks.


If a claim is returned or rejected, a claimant has a limited period of time to take further legal action. After the claim has been filed, it is processed by the Administration Department.

Submitting a Claim

Complete the Claim for Damages Form in its entirety and submit it at the City Clerk’s Office at:

City of Yorba Linda
City Clerk's Office
4845 Casa Loma Avenue
Yorba Linda, CA 92886

Please be sure to sign and date the form and provide all the information requested on the form. Without all the necessary information, the claim will be returned to you as incomplete. 

Contact Information

If you have any questions about the form or submitting the claim, please call the City Clerk’s Office at 714-961-7150. To follow up on the status of a claim, please email Arlene Quinitero, Principal Management Analyst.