New Business or Expanding Business
The City is here to help you start a successful new business, expand your existing business, or relocate a new business to our community. If you have additional questions or need help with the steps necessary to secure approval and permits from the City, please email Pamela Stoker, Economic Development Manager, 714-961-7105.
RELOCATING YOUR BUSINESS WITHIN THE AREA
Before relocating your business within the City of Yorba Linda, you must contact the Planning Division to ensure that the area you are moving to is zoned for your business. Not all businesses are allowed in all zoning districts. The Planning Division can be reached at 714-961-7130.
A business license is required of all business operating within the city limits, including contractors with offices outside the city. View information on business licenses.
Demographics & Data
The City’s demographics is one reason this community is one of the most desirable locations to live and work. The reports and summaries below are from agencies that provide community data specific to Yorba Linda. All information is updated as it becomes available.
- California (CA) Board of Equalization: Taxable Sales in California (PDF) (By business type for cities and counties)
- CA Department of Finance: E-5 Population and Housing Estimates for Cities, Counties and the State
- CA Employment Development Department: Labor Force and Unemployment Rate for Cities and OC
- Center for Demographic Research: Orange County (OC) Progress Report (PDF)
- City of Yorba Linda Demographic Information: City of Yorba Linda Profile Sheet (PDF)
- OC Auditor Controller: Secured and Unsecured Assessed Valuations
- OC Business Council
- OC Workforce Investment Board
- Southern California Association of Governments’ Local Profiles Report: SCAG Profile of the City of Yorba Linda (PDF)
- U.S. Census Bureau: American Community Survey
- U.S. Department of Labor, Bureau of Labor Statistics: College Enrollment and Work Activity of High School Graduates
Agencies to Contact Before Starting a Business
Depending on the type of business you are considering, there are a number of governmental and other agencies that you should contact.
View a list of agencies to contact before starting a business in Yorba Linda.