- City Hall
- City Council
- Council Member Janice Lim
Council Member Janice Lim
- City Council, 2023 - Present
About Janice Lim
Council Member Janice Lim brings two decades of volunteer service and her professional background as a business analyst to preserve the charm and beauty of the City of Yorba Linda. Her priorities on the City Council are to preserve Yorba Linda’s old-town charm, keep costs down for residents and business owners, and to work with law enforcement to ensure the safety of the community.
Council Member Lim worked as a financial analyst on many large investment projects, including Century Plaza Towers in Century City and Vista Del Verde in Yorba Linda. Since starting her small business, she has also worked on various projects such as helping launch a new app, combining both social media influencers with brick-and-mortar retailers. Earlier in her career, she started as an Account Coordinator for Lancaster Group USA where she launched designer fragrances in Southern California retail chain stores. During her post-graduate studies, she worked at USC in the Marshall School of Business, Department of Finance as a Faculty Assistant.
Later she focused on her career in the field of investment, feasibility analysis, and land use working at firms such as Charles Dunn Company, Tooley & Co., Trammel Crow Company, and JF Shea Companies, where she gained years of experience working with many stakeholders to understand the importance of urban planning and design as well as how to balance complex budgets.
As the youngest of five children, she put herself through college, working three jobs as well as earning academic scholarships. She holds dual degrees from the University of Southern California, Marshall School of Business (B.B.A.), and the School of Architecture (B.Arch.).
Lim has been married for 26 years to Rick, an internal medicine physician, and they have two children, Kristen and Eric, both products of our local public and private schools. Janice and Rick met back in grade school and grew up together in a small family church in Glendale, CA. Since moving to Orange County in 2013, they now attend Friends Church Yorba Linda. The Lim family motto, “Faith, Family, Knowledge," is engraved in a crest she created to remind her family of what is essential in life and what takes priority.
Regional Government/Committee Involvement
- Citizen of the Year Committee, Commission Representative (Former)
- City of Yorba Linda Parks and Recreation, Commissioner (2017 – 2022)
- City of Yorba Linda Parks and Recreation, Chair (2019)
- Sports Advisory Committee, Committee Chair (Former)
- Yorba Linda Local Hazard Mitigation Committee, Representative (Present)
- CHOC Children’s Foundation, Art Coordinator (2018 -2020)
- Children’s Hospital Orange County – Littlest Angel Guild, Member (2014-present)
- Diamond Bar Educational Community Round Table, Co-Founder
- Love Yorba Linda, Co-Chair (2021- 2022)
- Memorial Day Good Life Celebration LOT 318, Committee (2021-Present)
- Pat Nixon RWF, Member
- Parent Teacher Organization Pantera Elementary School, President (former)
- Placentia-Yorba Linda PTA Member (Former)
- Pomona Unified Partners in Learning (PUPIL), Founding Board Member
- Richard Nixon Presidential Library Foundation, Member
- Science Olympiad Kraemer Middle School, Coordinator (Former)
- UCI Claire Trevor School of the Arts Foundation, Founding Member
- Valencia High School Cross Country Booster Club, President
- Valencia High School Track and Field Booster Club, President
- Yorba Linda Chamber of Commerce, Member
- Yorba Linda Mayor’s Prayer Breakfast, Committee Member (2018-2019)
- Yorba Linda Women’s Club, Member
- Yorba Linda Young Civic Leaders Academy, Assistant Director (2019 – Present)