Council Member Peggy Huang
- City Council, 2014-Present
- Mayor, 2017
- Mayor Pro Tem, 2016
About Peggy Huang
Council Member Peggy Huang is passionate about serving the community, with a focus on advocacy for abused, neglected, and developmentally delayed children. She is a Taiwanese native, but spent most of her adolescence and young adult years in Northern California. She is a 15-year resident of Yorba Linda.
Currently, Council Member Huang is a Deputy Attorney General in the Office of the Attorney General, Criminal Appeals, Trial, and Writs section. As a former Senate Fellow, Council Member Huang worked on the CALFED Bay-Delta project, which involved restoring the Bay-Delta ecosystem and water storage and delivery. As a trial attorney, she prosecuted individuals who abused and neglected clients in facilities licensed by the California Department of Social Services and represented foster children in juvenile court. She was involved in two bills, signed into law, that protected abused and neglected children.
She received her undergraduate degree at University of California, Berkeley, and her Juris Doctorate, as well as a specialized certificate of governmental affairs from the University of the Pacific, McGeorge School of Law.
Council Member Huang and her husband, Dr. James Huang, are the proud parents of two daughters.
Regional Government & Committee Involvement
- Children & Families Commission of Orange County
- Finance Committee
- Foothill / Eastern Transportation Corridor Agency
- Orange County Mosquito & Vector Control
- Southern California Association of Governments, Vice-Chair of Community, Economic, & Human Development Committee
- President, Lifesteps Family and Children Services
- Vice-Chair, Republican Party of Orange County (Present)
- Founder, Yorba Linda Gracious Living Society
- Neighborhood Watch Coordinator, Vista Del Verde Community
- Member, Lincoln Club
Achievements & Awards
- Marian Bergeson, Excellence in Public Service, Graduate (2014)