Council Member Beth Haney
- City Council, 2016-Present
- Mayor, 2020
- Mayor Pro Tem, 2019
About Dr. Beth Haney
Council Member Dr. Beth Haney serves the community with the goal of promoting communication, health and safety, and homelessness awareness. She is also a strong supporter of responsible growth for Yorba Linda, meaning preserving open space, trails, and public areas while enhancing vital business opportunities for the benefit of the community.
Dr. Haney was born in Anaheim and grew up in Placentia until she and her family moved to Yucaipa when she was 12 years old. She has been a Yorba Linda resident since 2005.
Dr. Haney is a board-certified family nurse practitioner. Since 2006, she has been the owner and founder of a private aesthetics and wellness practice in Yorba Linda and is well known in the industry for her expertise and regulatory acumen; consequently, serving as an expert witness in a variety of legal cases in both primary care and aesthetics. She has many years of experience working with stakeholders in Sacramento and Washington DC regarding legislation affecting health care and nurse practitioners.
She is a former Assistant Clinical Professor of Nursing Science at the University of California, Irvine (UCI), where she developed the first and only UCI inter-professional aesthetic courses for health care professionals. Additionally, she works in college health and lectures at state and national conferences on primary-care, aesthetics, leadership, and business.
Dr. Haney received her Doctorate in Nurse Practice (DNP) at the University of Colorado, Colorado Springs in 2010. She graduated from Loma Linda University with her undergraduate degree (1995) and Master of Science Degree in Nursing (2000).
Council Member Haney and her husband, Mike, have been married since 2003 and have two adorable Cairn terriers, Olive and Jenson. Beth and her husband enjoy the outdoors and spend time in high elevations of the John Muir Wilderness, run marathons, scuba dive, and travel.
Regional Government / Committee Involvement
- City of Yorba Linda Finance/Audit Committee.
- Member and Former Chair, Orange County Waste and Recycling Commission.
- Trauma Intervention Program.
- Co-Chair and Founding Member of the California Mayors Coalition.
- Founding Member of the Orange County Mayors Coalition.
- Southern California Representative for the American Association of Nurse Practitioners.
- Past President, California Association for Nurse Practitioners.
- Board Member, Orange County YMCA, (2014 - 2018).
- Headed the National Nurse Practitioner Week proclamations in 19 of the 34 OC cities and the OC Board of Supervisors from 2017 to the present.
Achievements & Awards
- Inducted as a Fellow of the American Academy of Nursing for her work in advocacy, policy, and education (2021).
- Recipient of the 2020 Inaugural HealthImpact Daisy Nurse Leader Award in Policy.
- Inducted as a Fellow of the American Association of Nurse Practitioners for her work in policy and education (2016).
- Authored a textbook for nurse practitioners titled Aesthetic Procedures: Nurse Practitioner's Guide to Cosmetic Dermatology (Springer; 2020).
- Author of Be You-T-Full: Looking Your Best with Botox, lasers and other magical cosmetic treatments (2012), a book on aesthetic procedures.
- Recipient of University of California, Irvine’s Faculty of the Year (2013).
- Author of two chapters in Dermatology Nursing Essentials: A Core Curriculum, 3rd Edition (Wolters Kluwer, 2016).
- Author of several peer-reviewed articles for advanced practice journals.