The Information Technology (IT) Division is responsible for providing innovative technology solutions that achieve the strategic goals of the City Council. To achieve these goals, IT partners with the other City Departments to provide cost effective, secure, and reliable solutions.
Information Technology currently provides support for the following areas:
- Community Cable
- Enterprise Applications
- Geographic Information Systems
- Helpdesk Services
IT utilizes the following City Council goals to help align the City’s IT initiatives with the City’s overall business objectives:
- Provide a high-quality community environment for all Yorba Linda residents and businesses.
- Provide high quality, constituent friendly City services.
- Establish, maintain, and encourage a vibrant commercial and retail environment that provides business opportunities throughout the community.
- Ensure the short term and long term financial security of the City.
IT is working on the following initiatives in fiscal year 2017/2018
- Developing a secure, scalable, and reliable computing environment.
- Aligning IT initiatives with departmental business objectives.
- Identifying and acquiring funding for technology initiatives.
- Implementing appropriate governance for technology resources.
Based on the relevant initiatives, IT is working on the following projects in fiscal year 2017/2018:
- Create the IT Strategic Plan and supporting work plan
- Create the GIS Strategic Plan and supporting work plan
- Create a citywide technology training program
- Upgrade the audio-visual components of the Council Chambers
- Migrate current documents to an Enterprise Content Management System
- Upgrade all City desktop hardware and migrate to Windows 10 and Office 365
- Update Servers and SAN to a Hyper-Converged solution
- Implement a new application aware firewall
- Perform a network security assessment
- Perform a review of all IT policies